Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota 161-3 throttle motor?

Tags ยท 2016-01-12 18:16

I have a 161-3, not a super series, and am curious where the throttle motor is located. When it's cold out the machine wil not throttle up unless you leave it idling so the cab heats up, then it will slowly come back to life. Since the machine has about 5000 hrs I'm sure it has the potential to be covered in dust and dirt or the throttle motor is on its way out. I'm gonna dig into it tomorrow but just wanted some advice on an idea of where to look. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1Tags2016-01-13 19:07

    Found it! For anyone wondering, it is under the floor board that lifts out once you remove the rubber floor mat. I removed the seat to look for it and had no luck, so I pulled the mat and removed the floor board and saw the cable, followed it to the throttle motor that is bolted to a bracket on the bottom of the house of the machine and sits under a lot of lines and linkages, it does not look easy to unbolt. Why Kubota thought, or thinks this is a good location is beyond me. There is no pan to remove to clean the area that sits under your mud filled feet and that dirt had just piled up under there and would of course freeze and would stop the arm of the throttle lever from moving. Glad it was a simple fix but I don't think the shop vac I used liked it too much

  2. #2mikebramel2016-01-13 22:51

    Thanks for the follow up