Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota 75-2 Tree Spade ! HELP 1

micmut ยท 2025-01-20 18:25

Just had a tree spade dropped on my lap! Its a Bauma light DR 440 tree spade made by MTB mfg What I have to do is attach it to our Kubota 75-2 vin 20908 Tracked Skid Steer! There's brackets for a tractor that will need to be cut off to be able to mount it Then hydraulic fittings and hoses to be added? Any advice or suggestions are more then welcome !! Will add some photos from my phone shortly Thanks in advance Mike

Replies17
  1. #1micmut2025-01-20 18:32

    Here are a few photos of the delema

  2. #2Tones2025-01-20 19:23

    That looks like the quick attach should go straight in there or will it foul on the tracks?

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-01-21 03:57

    There is a manual online and the DR440 can be mounted on a skid steer/CTL. Needs 5-20 GPM. I wouldn't cut anything off. If it came off a tractor keep the mounts in case you decide to sell it at a later date. I'd just get the skid steer mounting from Baumalight. They should be able to help with what ever you need. You may need a rear stabilizer for hard ground.

  4. #4Tags2025-01-21 07:13

    You may also want to reach out to Skid Steer Genius, they may be able to help you square away the hydraulic and electrical connections without too much guess work.

  5. #5micmut2025-01-21 07:26

    I had found the manual. Thanks There is a mounting plate for the skid steer unfortunately the outer hook plates prevent entering it. And the hook plates would hit the arms on the skid steer! And yes the spade is heavy enoff with the addition of a tree.roots and dirt will be making it very nose heavy I belive

  6. #6micmut2025-01-21 07:37

    As far as hydrlics I believe I will get the flow from the two larger connectors on the arms of the skidsteer? There is a bank of valves on the spaid to control the 6 cylinders, So hopefully only have to provide 12volts to the control box

  7. #7DDoug2025-01-21 08:03

    With a wack wack here, and a wack wack there....Mr. oxy troch is your friend.

  8. #8micmut2025-01-21 08:12

    Had just acquired a plasma cutter and intend to see what it can do? If not will have to get the liquid wrench out!

  9. #9DDoug2025-01-21 08:51

    Looks like 1" thick ears, what make & model plasma did you get ?

  10. #10micmut2025-01-21 16:29

    It's a cut50 says it will cut up to an inch I believe bud did well for this!

  11. #11micmut2025-01-21 16:34

    Now it fits like a glove! Next is hydrlic lines and power it up. It is heavy for this skidsteer found a leaky lift cylinder hose. lol I believe it will do the job when sent out to find trees

  12. #12KSSS2025-01-21 19:58

    I was wondering if that CTL was big enough for that spade. The weight is carried out and away from the machine, unlike pallet forks. A full size tree in wet ground could make it pretty tippy. Keeping the trees smaller will be more manageable.

  13. #13micmut2025-01-22 20:21

    UpDate! Works excellent!! Brought it out side to try it out and it being -20c the frost must of been at least 6" or more! Was not able to even scratch the dirt, the spaids picked up the front of the skidsteer. So will have to wait till warmer wether comes around lol.

  14. #14Welder Dave2025-01-22 23:59

    I'd clean it up nice where you cut the ears off. Even when the ground is thawed it may want to just lift the front up. That's why it's common to have a rear stabilizer(s). On 975 Bobcats a rear ripper could be adapted to work as a stabilizer. For smaller Bobcats they made stabilizers that mounted on the sides of the machine under the boom pivot point. They were pretty much the same as stabilizers on a side shift backhoe. Stabilizers also act as counterweight.

  15. #15micmut2025-01-23 15:18

    The spade dose have pads just under the quick attach? Do you mean at the rear of the skid steer to hold the nose down similar to wheelie bars on a dragster?

  16. #16micmut2025-01-23 15:48

    I found this and do belive its a thing we will have to do !

  17. #17Welder Dave2025-01-23 16:25

    Yes, those are the stabilizers I was talking about. Another option is a ripper that goes across the back of the machine with pivots and cylinders mounted on the outside of the frame. If you search under rear mount skid steer ripper there are few options. I think a ripper would be more versatile unless all you did with your skid steer was transplant tree's.