Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota 97-2 vs Deere 331p

Southernvalley72 · 2025-01-20 20:06

Hello from East Tennessee. I am looking to purchase a new track loader for my land management company. I am debating between the JD 331p and the kubota svl 97-2. Ive spent lots of time in the svl 75 and other kubota equipment and I’ve never been let down. I’d love to wait on the 97-3 but I need a machine before March. I’ve also operated a 2023 bobcat T76, but I’m wanting to stick with kubota or JD. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1lumberjack2025-01-20 20:47

    I’ve had a 90-2 and have a 331G. I prefer the 331G over the 90-2 for the extra pushing power, tighter sealing can, lifting capacity, and it’s quieter. I wish the 331 could take a full bottle or Def.

  2. #2Welder Dave2025-01-21 03:49

    You're looking for a CTL not a (steel) track loader. Maybe this thread can be moved to the CTL forum?