Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tooth for 4way bucket

Sid Pits ยท 2025-01-20 15:08

Please forgive me if I'm in the wrong place, or if this is a dumb question. Equipment is a new thing for me, and I'm learning as I go. I have a John Deere 555B,1988 I think,with a 4 way bucket.I'm missing a tooth on the bucket and really don't know where to look. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies5
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-01-21 03:46

    Take another tooth off and match it at a JD dealer or aftermarket tooth supplier. JD dealer could probably tell you what style and tooth it is. Best to replace ASAP before the shank wears making the tooth loose.

  2. #2PeterG2025-01-21 12:10

    Images of the bucket with missing tooth would be great. If the tooth was bolted on or installed with a pressed pin, it can be replaced easily with a new tooth and pin. If all the teeth are connected to a tooth bar (I doubt that is what you have), then you can replace the tooth bar.

  3. #3Acoals2025-01-21 12:24

    A picture would be a good start . . .

  4. #4Welder Dave2025-01-21 17:00

    It's a track loader so 99% sure it's a single pin on tooth. I'd bet the shank is welded on but may be bolted although I don't recall many JD machines with bolt on shanks. I think if someone did a little searching on the net they could find what style and size the tooth is. I'd guess it's 23/230 size but don't know what other style are a similar size.

  5. #5JimInOz2025-01-22 02:46

    JD CRAWLERS website might be of help.