Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KH-8 1984

jimkh8 ยท 2016-07-24 05:01

Hello, I have just purchased my first Kubota. I cant find a workshop manual for it, so i am struggling with some points, hoping someone here can help me. I need to tighten a track, which seem to have a manual screw tensioner? Not a grease type. Also, the final drive gear box, there is a fill plug at the very top, and a drain plug at the bottom. I have no way of knowing how much oil to put in?

Replies1
  1. #1melli2016-07-24 21:23

    The part about not being able to find a manual was sort of funny. 32 yrs old and all...and well, it looks it. Classic. Looks like you put a big honkin socket on that screw type tensioner and turn. I'd grease the screw first (on other side of wall). Usually, with oil amounts on 'recent' final drive cases, the plugs are at 3 and 6 oclock, so one fills halfways. Mine takes a half litre. With yours, I'd reckon the top, since the hydraulic drive is perched at the top. That is, plug at 6 drains, and you fill at 12 until oil starts to come out. You'd still have some room at top. Sorry, it is just a guess. Some old timer should know... You know, it is really hard to tell which are drain plugs and which is the cover plate bolts.... As I look at the pics, that machine looks pretty good for 32yrs old...what size of engine under the hood? A pic of the engine and hydraulic compartment would be appreciated...where did you find that?