Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 305 C CR Bucket

epyinc ยท 2016-07-25 22:28

Has any one used a 36 inch bucket on a Cat 305 ? How did it handle it ?

Replies2
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2016-08-03 01:11

    Handles it just fine. Just be aware of what you have, and don't expect to heap it up and reach to full limit over the side. Use it with common sense and it will be fine. If you have a questionable operator, stick with the smaller size until he has the skill to use it safely.

  2. #2dirty4fun2016-08-03 05:36

    I have been using mine digging wet red clay on a basement replacement. It handles it much better than I thought it could, when reached out all the way it will lift the track when over the side. I just got mine a month ago, and really enjoy operating it. Pulling the concrete wall pieces yesterday, glad to have the blade down to sneak out the bigger pieces of concrete. Like most things you have to pay attention and use a little care. If in doubt use the two foot bucket, I had to use mine to dig around the fiber optic cable and the machine handles it, full and stretched just fine.