Hello All, Looking at an older (1991 I think) Kubota KH101 mini excavator - the guy selling it knows nothing about it - anyone have any specs on this thing? Can't seem to find anything anywhere online... anyone have any opinions on this machine, and what a good range for prices is?
What weight is it? Approx
Joe don't-know-ma-stuff says it's "about 4 ton" so around 4000kg/8000lbs. Here's a pic (not the actual machine - that actual machine is much more busted up and rusted to hell with metal tracks that are doing all they can to stay connected to the machine);
Sounds like I wouldn't want to pay too much for that based on your description, lots of good clean cheap mini's out there right now, I would look elsewhere for one if its as busted up as you say:beatsme
I suppose that comes down to numbers - I see these listed for $10-15k.. I can pick this one up for $5k, and figure i'll put $2-3k into it to bring it up to snuff (tracks, paint, doors, glass).
Well... the guy finally called me back - so for Valentines day, I took my wife to look at the Kubota.. how romantic! In a word... Ugh. Tracks - shot. Sprockets - shot. Idlers - shot. Rollers - shot (i guess all of these items go hand in hand). Bucket - teeth/cutters worn to stubs. Cylinders - all ok, except bucket cylinder. Cab/body - ok, needs good cleaning, replacement glass, etc. Engin - runs very smooth and starts easy. Pattern - John Deer... aacck.. almost killed the guy trying this thing hehe All in all, it needs alot of work. The track gear i've mostly priced out. Not sure about the bucket, or what is involved with replacing/repairing the bucket cylinder. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? You'll see in the pictures below the cylinder has some fluid weeping out of the seals, and the chrome on the cylinder (ahh.. plunger? arm?) is pretty scraped up and scarred. At this point i'm thinking i'll offer 3000... given how much is going to be required to fix the thing. Any feedback/thoughts is appreciated!
More Pictures Some more pictures.. feedback appreciated!