Hi. I am a newbie here from the UK so please bear with me. I have just bought an older machine a Kubota KH14 Mini Excavator . I am looking for any information I can find on this older machine. The machine is ' tidy' but needs work to bring it back to a much tidier condition. which I am about to undertake. I noticed that the engine is shaking around a lot at idle. so before I head into it with tools in hand has anyone any pointers or any information of the type on engine fitted to it? It looks a bit neglected under the hood.. so I have ordered a service kit. I will do the oil and filter change lube all the pins and bushes etc.. above is an image of the engine.. so if you can help me ID the thing so I can get the correct part.. Information such as shared parts with other machines of its type, like fan belts, engine mounts, cooling hoses etc etc.. All help appreciated.. here is a picture of the machine; thank you.
I'm not familiar with that model but it looks like it is a 3 cylendar diesel, most 3 cylinder diesels that I have I have been around seem to shake pretty good at an idle but tend to smooth right out once you bump up the rpms. Of course it wouldn't hurt to check the motor mounts to make sure they aren't in need of attention. Good luck with you new digger!
Andrew I also have a Kubota kh14, and need so info, could you.contact me ???? [email protected] cheers I'm in uk
Things I would check 1) engine and pump mounts 2) engine to pump coupler 3) fan balance 4) engine miss