Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX 057

90plow ยท 2014-04-01 23:00

Just recieved a call from a kubota rep at my local dealer. They said I should bring the machine in as there has been a recall on a retaining bolt near the swing housing (this is what I was told I will try and look at a schematic.) They said the bolt has failed and caused destruction of the swing gears in the lower half of the machine. Was told it is a three day project and Kubota is footing the bill! Thought it was great that they not only stood behind it but also were willing to go the extra mile to call me and make sure I set up a time to bring it in. Just a warning to my fellow KX 057 owners. Machine is a 2011.

Replies4
  1. #1lumberjack2014-04-01 23:15

    Did they give a year/serial number range? I bought one in December.

  2. #2Palmer782014-04-07 00:09

    What is the general consensus on the quality of Kubota excavators? A lot of people on here seem to really like them, but I seem to read a lot of posts about broken Kubotas. I've never owned or ran one. I'm just wondering if I should consider one when the time comes to replace my mini.

  3. #3lumberjack2014-04-07 00:40

    In general, they are excellent. I saw a report/article that put the KX121 as the 3rd most sold piece of equipment (5k plus units)in the US or world, behind the Bobcat S250? and the T190. On down the line was a John Deere dozer, Cat 320C or D L, etc etc. I read a thread last week about someone buying a KX121 I believe with 6k hours on it.

  4. #4Deeretracks2014-04-07 00:43

    We have all Cat and Hitachi mini's but I have operated and worked on a few Kubota's. If I were to purchase a machine for myself it would be a Kubota for sure.