Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX91-3 boom pivot bushing?

ottawamerc ยท 2014-04-02 19:39

Hi guys My KX has some play in what I would guess is the boom pivot bushing? I can see it moving back and forth while digging. Is it a big job to replace this bushing? Just looking for advice or info on this. Thanks Scott

Replies4
  1. #1jack3452014-04-02 23:46

    I replaced pins & bushing last year as a winter project. Its not too bad of a job , I marked all hoses & took pic's. Set bucket flat on shop floor, hooked up chain hoist to boom lift pin (empty hole showing on your Kx) Made a support ( 4x4 boom to floor) to help steady boom once pins ,hydraulics, light wire, are removed. Removed swing bracket from frame (make sure you have blade facing rear) I moved the swing bracket using a large floor jack its about 125 pounds large jack provides the reach needed. I paid about $750 USD delivered from on-line Kubota dealer saving $500 over local dealer ( he would not match on line price) It does stop the movement & sometimes pop noise when digging.

  2. #2ottawamerc2014-04-04 12:00

    Thanks Jack for the reply,, by chance would you still have any part numbers? Scott

  3. #3jack3452014-04-04 23:59

    I do on file, will get back to you.

  4. #4jack3452014-04-05 11:43

    Some of those bushings are serial number related and it may be best if you go to load in your Kx info and download the parts manual for your machine. If you have trouble PM me. I ordered from "BIGORANGE PARTS" in GA. (Tracy Stocker) email [email protected] . they had the best price +UPS shipping for OEM Kubota parts, check around prices do vary and as long as you get OEM parts all is well.