I am looking at getting another mini in the 8 ton class have my eye on a Kubota KX-080 Double Boom. Anybody have any experiance with this machine?
Kubota make pretty good machines so it should be alright http://www.kubota.com/F/AboutKubota/prl74.cfm Looks to be the goods if you need reach in a compact machine.
We got a standard boom version about two weeks ago and have been very happy with it. We have a 36 inch and a 54 inch tilt bucket for it and it handles both real well. It also has a thumb and coupler. Make sure you ask your dealer about the utility contractor discount. I assume it is national and not regional promotion. Chris
How much is the discount?
Nac, You should have a PM. Chris
Any number for another member? I too am thinking of a kx57. Tony
Tony, You are in SC? We bought a 121 at the same time as the KX080 and the discount was about 4k on the 121. We are in SC and deal with Steen Ent. If you are interested I can give you there info. Chris
Thanks. That is who I deal with....I don't care for the service though....Cat had good service, but it has Ben a long time since I had a cat product....Do you have any suggestions or experience with any brands like bobcat, Deere or tech.? Tony
Tony, I can't help you out on the Bocats. I have never used one. I do not know who your local Tac dealer is but ours is about a joke. I did talk to someone yesterday that runs a bunch or Deere minis. He said the only ones that are good are the 50's. He said the rest are junk. I did look at a new kubota 57 and thought it looked real nice. It was bigger than we wanted and went with the 121. Chris
Hi Chris The thing about the service that concerns me is that I have a tendency to worry about breakage.....but my real life experience with the small Kubota tractor is that it doesn`t break.....I`m not so sold on the hydraulics though and there are a number of things, such as the front end bucket not having the cushioning when the bucket reaches it`s maximum in either direction, and the comments of others about the machine not really doing two things at once...I`m going to be starting to check things out shortly, so will let you know if I find any really interesting info...I know Kubota is less expensive...Tony ps There is a person on this forum who had real problems with the 57
Tony, I do understand your concern on breakage. We have a l2800 with a loader and yes it is a bit crude when it comes to the hyd system. On the other hand, we have had zero trouble from our original 121. Other than regular maint. we never did a single thing to the machine. Like I said before I have not been on a 57 but can tell you that both the 121 and kx080 have no problem with multi function operating. I think both machines are great and you can't beat the price but if you are looking for a 57 size machine I would definitely look around until you find one that you like to operate and feel good on the support. Chris
Chris I am leaning Cat way, just because of the service issue....Thought about it for two years...Each time I get ready to move I hesitate....I think because I will be happier.....we have a 121 working for the last two weeks, and although it is an old machine, with little maintenance, it works strong...The owner is also a friend and he would like a little bigger machine, so he may get his wish some day Another thing is my experience with a rather jerky hydraulic system on yo tractor....I just don't think I would find out If the excavator were to be that way unless I purchased it.....Still might take the chance...Tony
Tony, Like I said, you need to like the machine you get no matter if it is a Cat, Deere, or Kubota. You are right, support is important, you can buy the best machine and if there is no support, you still don't have anything. Whatever you decide, you need to keep us posted and the best of luck. Chris
Well I looked up and went by the Bobcat dealer here in N Chas....Pleasant surprise...Nothing big like Cat, but a nice salesman manager, and for a 50 sized machine it would about seventy thousand, with ditch bucket cab twenty four in heavy duty bucket hydraulic bucket attached, and some other stuff....Very aggressive for me to test one out. Etc...I just wanted to see the operation, and very well may get one..They have a truck to go to the machine....I looked at TomG video , interstate co. And he is very happy with there's...... They are all expensive in this range. Tony