Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T-190 problems…

CrescentAcerent ยท 2012-10-29 12:10

Hello all. Glad I found these forums. Ive found a couple threads regarding this problem but I could use some more help... I run an Ace rental and we have a bobcat T-190 excavator. The other day I took the heat shield/ exhuast manifold off welded up some cracks. Changed the oil and hydro filter. When I went to start it back up it wouldn't fire. It was reading code 14-03 Fuel Shut off hold solenoid short to ground. I recharged the battery and cleaned all ground conections. I cant find a visible fuel solenoid shut off. Where do I start looking? Thanks for the help.

Replies5
  1. #1CrescentAcerent2012-10-29 17:10

    So I ohm tested the soleniod, got from .6-.8 on one leg. Got around 23.8-24 on the other. So then I went out to our bobcat skid steer and did the same test. Got .5-.6 on one leg. And From 23.0-23.2 on the other. Bad soleniod?

  2. #2mikebramel2012-10-29 17:40

    With the solenoid disconnected you will probably have the same problem. If that is the case you have a problem in the harness

  3. #3CrescentAcerent2012-10-29 18:48

    Well I pulled the solenoid off our T-175 and put it in the 430. Wont start. Same code. So its not the solenoid. Anthing I should look for in the harness? Thanks for the help.

  4. #4eric122012-10-30 14:27

    did any fuses pop? if it grounded out it should pop a fuse. look around what wires you can see easily and look for a burnt wire or where it could be rubbing.

  5. #5crewchief8882012-11-01 19:07

    check your fuses and relays 1st :drinkup