Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX 165

heavierrental ยท 2024-01-13 19:53

Can some one advise on how to ensure machines imported from Japan or China get compliance from US/Canada? Is the engine replacement an option to comply or the machines need to be exported to a different country other than US or Canada?

Replies6
  1. #1samboyd2024-02-08 22:42

    Any engine imported into the US needs to be EPA-compliant. This is the main thing. So look for EPA tags on the machine that indicate the engine conforms with EPA requirements. As long as it has this, you're good to import the machine. A Kubota KX 165 is considered a nonroad vehicle, so you would import it using a 3520-21 EPA filing. If you're buying this from China, make sure your seller can provide you with the following: Engine Manufacturer Engine Serial Number Engine Family Name Engine Factory Address Equipment Model Number Equipment Serial Number As long as they can give you this information, and proof via plates/tags, then you're good to import. Just find a freight forwarder that can handle this for you. I own a freight forwarding company where we move a lot of excavators from China to the US, but you really can use any forwarder that can provide you with attention and confidence that they know what they're doing. Let me know if you have more questions or if you're still searching for a machine. I've seen a lot of people get this stuff wrong, or use the wrong forwarder/broker to help, and it turns out to be unnecessarily expensive.

  2. #2heavierrental2024-02-10 07:22

    thanks a lot. This is very useful info. please contact me at my e mail [email protected] as i am interested to import genuine machines. Do you recommend a decent supplier in china or korea having good machines with EPA and all other required info.

  3. #3heavierrental2024-02-10 07:24

    Even if you import a machine with EPA, PARTS IS A BIG ISSUE. local dealers cant find the serial number in their database and cant support or supply parts

  4. #4samboyd2024-02-10 07:51

    I've been asked this a lot. I lived in China for 10 years and own a freight forwarding company. So I find myself answering this same question routinely. I wrote a pretty detailed guide on how to buy from China. If you're interested. https://guidedimports.com/blog/guide-to-buying-and-shipping-excavators-from-china/ There are a lot of sellers in China. Alibaba will show you a good amount. But there isn't a ton you can do right now because Chinese New Year just began, and the country is on a massive holiday for the next 2ish weeks. I'll send you an email so you have mine to ask any other questions you might have. But either way, good luck. Shipping this stuff is fun once you get the hang of it.

  5. #5jumperusa2024-07-11 14:06

    Hello, I am also been looking into China for an excavator purchase. I am looking for a freight forwarder that has a lot of experience so I can avoid some major pitfalls. May I have your contact info as well? My email is: [email protected] . Thanks!

  6. #6SuperIntlShipping2025-02-11 10:01

    We have a comprehensive list of excavator suppliers in China and have put together a detailed guide on purchasing from China. If you're interested, you can check it out here: https://super-internationalshipping...ng-excavators-and-mini-excavators-from-china/