Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX040 help

Range Rover ยท 2026-07-17 09:46

My KX040 will not "boom up" (RH controller). it will do all other functions for the RH controller, boom down, bucket curl and uncurl. LH controller functions all work fine. travel works fine, boom swing works fine, blade works fine. It had been working good all day, then the "boom up" function stopped all at once. Before I go chasing all kinds of stuff, any suggestions on what to look at first? Thanks,

Replies4
  1. #1Tyler d4c2026-07-17 12:42

    ASsuming the control doesnt feel funny or floppy. Id unpin the cylinder and give the rod a good pull and see if the piston came off.

  2. #2Range Rover2026-07-17 12:50

    Thanks for the info, control feel doesnt seem to be any different than before the issue. So when I pull the rod, it should not move easily (or at all). if the piston came off, then that is an internal issue with the cylinder requiring dissassembly/rebuild?

  3. #3Range Rover2026-07-17 13:52

    ok, solved it!! I figured I check the fusebox (just because it was easy and simple). while checking fuses, I noticed the lever to select ISO/excavator did not apear to be fully up or down. The guard/lockout plate was not latched and was open. So I put the lever in the excavator position, secured the guard/lockout plate, and not everything works!!! interesting that the boom up function is the first to be affected by that lever moving out of position. So I didnt have to get too dirty, got more of the machine cleaned up, and we are back to work!!

  4. #4Range Rover2026-07-17 19:17

    meant to say " and now everything works!!!".