Hi all, just wondering if anyone is having dramas with the new kx series excavator. I've got a 2011 kx057-4 which I'm having hydraulic problems with. Basically hydraulics are super slow/weak when using more than one function and attachments ie flail mower rapidly winds down to about half speed every time you you move any other part of the machine. Kubota are very reluctant to admit a problem but just today they have told me that there may be an inherent problem with these new machines and need to get an answer from kubota in japan before they will tell me what the go is. Has anyone else had issues and were they sorted any faster than the six monthes it's taken me?
I have a few hundred hours under my butt on a 057 and so far its been a great machine. No noticeable problems with the hydraulics but I haven't used any attachment other than buckets. I will be using an auger on this machine but they don't seem to be to much of a load. I have to admit that the hydraulics(boom,swing) slow considerably while tracking or even slightly resting your foot on travel pedals.
is that machine under warranty
Yeah my machine is still under warranty. The biggest problem is the mower. the mower was matched up to the machine by Kubota, to run at flow of 70L/min. Which is two of the three pumps added together. as I understand the third pump should run everything else while the mower is running so that it keeps up full RPM, but it seems the machine is taking flow from one of the pumps going to the mower, reducing it to 30L/min at the mower... every time you make the slightest movement of ANYTHING! It is also noticeable when loading trucks or lifting out of a deep hole, where you would nomally be boom up, stick/dipper away and crowding bucket, only crowd will move, let go of crowd and stick will move, let go of stick and boom will lift. I dont know if this will be a problem with every machine or just a computer glitch is a few. Cheers for the replies. I'll let you know if I learn anything else.
Hey mate i got U45-3 and it slows down when tracking and moving the arm, if i got a full muddy sometimes the boom wont lift at all unless i stop. it can also get real jumpy when doing this. i have the same issue you do loading trucks with a real full muddy cant use boom/dipper/bucket simultaneously only 2 at a time. wasnt sure if it was a problem or it just lacked a bit of strenght i might have same bucket sizes as the kx161 which is a slightly bigger machine. will be interested how u go with kubota mines still got warranty too. hope it all gets sorted for you.
i wish i would have read this last month!!! i just bought a new 057 it now has 100 hrs on it. this has become the illest operating machine i have ever sat on!!!!!!! super slow when trying to do anything while traveling, tends to surge one motion when letting completely off of another, bucket curl so slow its not funny... it seems if you are not doing basic easy digging the machine wont do what u tell it,, it seems to operate with different pressures to the cylinders each time you switch motion. i have put alot of hours on alot of different machines, i put 1000 hrs on a 305 in the last 8 months and it was kinda worn bad still strong as ever just made with alot of chinese parts... i did like kubota because in 02 i had the oportunity to operate a brand new kx 91-3 it was a sweet smoothe little machine!!! so i did some research and on paper the kubota was stronger and had some differnt measurements making it easier to load a truck.......60 grand later i am pissed!!!! dealer says "next time u have it loaded up, bring it by and we will look at it.... oh yeah does your window washer fluid leak out all over the inside? i havent used it once and it is half gone!!! sweet!!! ill be headed to the dealership in the next couple days
Did you demo the machine before you bought it ??
DGMM, Any update on your KX057 - 4 hydraulic issues. I'm about to put an order on a similar size machine and Kubota KX057 -4 was my pick. After reading this thread I'm now having doubts. We'll be putting a 900dig and 1500mm tilitng muddie on it. Will be doing a lot of work with the muddie in some really wet conditions to track through. Do you think this is a situation where the Kubota can shine? After that my choices were in the following order JCB8055 or 8060, Hitachi 60U, Bobcat E50 and possibly Cat 305CR. I've got a Hitachi 35U purchased new in Dec 2010 and now has 1600 + hr on it. Problem is all the pins and bushes from(and including) the swing post to the bucket are showing sign of excessive wear. This machines gets greased daily with a lithium based EP(Mainly Caltex red) grease. I realise we operate in trying conditions but Hitachi have looked at it and so far not offerred anything. This has put me off Hitachi a bit. I'm a bit shy on JCB given that they have very expensive parts. Bobcat is a ballsy little unit but the one we hire(400hr on it only) has issues with cab hardware - doors rattle, front slide window tension is a joke - so I'm cautious of what it will be like with 2500hrs on it. Had a Yanmar once and it was a good machine but I couldn't get any service from the Queensland distributors. Liked the look of Kobelco but their breakout specs aren't up to the others. Now I've found this thread it has "thrown a spanner in the works" and I'm confused!! Firetrack
It may be just me but I really like the 057, now approaching 400hrs with zero problems. All digging in rocky compacted soil and fine grading crappy rocky topsoil. I've found the machine to be smooth and powerfull although not the fastest but by no means slow. I also like that I can operate the foot controls and hand controls at the same time, kinda makes me look like a rock star when crossing flat work and ditches.
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Hey Firetrack, There is no doubt that this is a good machine, very smooth with plenty of power.Look, I may just be unlucky and have a 1 in 100 lemon, you might get a goodie, Roadrunner81 seems happy. I was once told not to trust break out specs because they dont all test them the same, some test them with blade down some not, some with the machine chained down, some use optional counterweight etc. I think demo the machines you like and go with what feels right. As soon as I know anything I'll post it.
my machine will be at kubota monday,,, they are telling me that they will check pressures.....i mean there has to be something wrong with pressure settings and ,over ride shimms..... there are other things that arent right also....The blade also collapses real easy when u pull on things....when you try to use the blade to grade it slows the travel abruptly and makes it hard to grade
i had the same kind of wear problem with the 305cr, i use a high pressure grease sig3000 or cmx thends not to squish out. i tore the side out of the bucket and kept breaking teeth,until i put john deere teeth on it. cat teeth and the quick change and the bucket say made in china...the jcb is the weakest of them all...my list was pretty much the same as yours except i totally forgot to spec the bobcat....the kubota is built stronger than the 305cr and it is a pure bread machine (all kubota parts) you can see the difference with a side by side comparison... mine just wont act right!!!! Any update on your KX057 - 4 hydraulic issues. I'm about to put an order on a similar size machine and Kubota KX057 -4 was my pick. After reading this thread I'm now having doubts. We'll be putting a 900dig and 1500mm tilitng muddie on it. Will be doing a lot of work with the muddie in some really wet conditions to track through. Do you think this is a situation where the Kubota can shine? After that my choices were in the following order JCB8055 or 8060, Hitachi 60U, Bobcat E50 and possibly Cat 305CR. I've got a Hitachi 35U purchased new in Dec 2010 and now has 1600 + hr on it. Problem is all the pins and bushes from(and including) the swing post to the bucket are showing sign of excessive wear. This machines gets greased daily with a lithium based EP(Mainly Caltex red) grease. I realise we operate in trying conditions but Hitachi have looked at it and so far not offerred anything. This has put me off Hitachi a bit. I'm a bit shy on JCB given that they have very expensive parts. Bobcat is a ballsy little unit but the one we hire(400hr on it only) has issues with cab hardware - doors rattle, front slide window tension is a joke - so I'm cautious of what it will be like with 2500hrs on it. Had a Yanmar once and it was a good machine but I couldn't get any service from the Queensland distributors. Liked the look of Kobelco but their breakout specs aren't up to the others. Now I've found this thread it has "thrown a spanner in the works" and I'm confused!! Firetrack[/QUOTE]
Berry, let me know what your outcome is. All the pressures/relief pressures seemed to be to spec on my machine. I recon its a computer problem??? sending too much oil to the wrong place. there is no doubt that everything moves fast with ****loads of power, its just when another function is used it all goes downhill.
I agree mine does the exact same thing....I did drop it off today.. The general manager, the salesman and the service guys, swear they will do what ever it takes to make it right....I do have to go up there tomorrow and make it act up for the service guy in a parking lot .. There customer service seems great. I believe if it can be fixed the will do it . On kubota's website the say this machine has a new three pump load sensing system....I told them we can take that sh“* off and let me sense the load. Then ill tell the machine what to do! thought that was how it is supposed to work... I guess we are guinea pigs on something new.....I just hope they fix it soon.... I will let u know the outcome
The guys here recon there is nothing wrong with my machine... HAHA. trying to tell me the mower is the problem, the mower which THEY matched to the machine! they wouldnt comment on the digging/lifting problems, just kept saying the only problem is the mower! IT'S NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM! If anyone else has more luck. Berry I'd really appreciate anything you get out of your guys.
Had a look at JCB 8065, Yanmar Vio55, KobelcoSK 55SRX, bobcat E50, Cat 305, Volvo 58 and Kubota 057. Kubota had nice cab but you can't see the right hand side of the blade and compared to bobcat parts pricing they were 222% more expensive. JCB looked but once again vision to the right side of the blade was poor and their parts pricing compared to Bobcat was 198% more expensive Kobelco had a nice simple and large cab with minimal electronics but again the parts are expensive being 192% more expensive than Bobcat Cat didn't have the new 305E series in stock so i can't tell but if it is similar to D series then vision and cab OK and parts compared to Bobcat were only 95% the price of Bobcat. Volvo was nice with some vision restrictions but breakout and other performance indicators not as good as BC. Parts are good though being 97% the price of BC. I am leaning towards BCE50 with angle blade. Only bitch I have is that on a BC E35 that we sometimes hire in the front window rattles and the E50 has the same mechanism. any comments Firetrack
Well I went to kubota this morning. I was able to show the main guy in the shop what some of the problems were,, he did agree things should work better. The machine is fast and stout as can be when using one motion. Use two three or try four and you better give up...the shop is two weeks behind and they moved me to the front.. I can't complain about there service that is for sure!! I will post any news I get
Didn't even know Cat had an E series out not listed on there website yet.. checked them out online looks like they have raised the bar very suite unit..
I own a kubota 057 and love it have about 15O hours on it now and its great. We owned a 94 kx 151 and it was slow but strong but had some of the same hydrualic control issues. The new machine does slow when you move the blade and arm while traveling but so did my new holland, my kx 151, and my pc 120. I dont know its wrong or not but its fine for me.
Dealer ran the pressures on my machine. They were to spec, Of course. That doesn't mean there isn't a problem. They told me they will be in touch with kubota monday.. What really sux is I'm not making any money with my brand new machine!! Payments don't wait...
Well now my drama story will begin....i thought maybe i didnt get a POS but i guess i did.......As everyone has read i have similar problems to "DGMM" little or no movement when trying to multifunction with my machine, also blade interupts travel very abruptly and blade overrides with little pressure....monday with 114 hours i took my machine to the dealer...Service men are very cool and have done business with for years..tuesday morning i was asked to demonstrate some issues..i thought all was well when i left, they agreed something was wrong...friday afternoon they finished up with pressures and everything was spec...still willing to agree something is wrong, they bumped the pressure a little on one side...since i need my machine, i will be taking it back to the job i bought it for and work it until some factory reps can show up to demonstrate the problems to... DGMM, did they have any idea what the inherent problem might be? does the blade on your machine over ride real easy? Does your machine seem to get worse as the day goes on? I use mine every day and log at least 7 -8 hours of machine operating time, digging stumps, covering holes, clearing underbrush and small trees. I have to pile and burn it too,,thats when u really need to multifunction... it is nice to own a 60,000 dollar POS!!!!!!
I've just spent a week in the big smoke (400ks away!) trying to sort this out. tested new machines at kubota which seem to be no faster than mine. Mabey I'm just looking for it? I think that the guys here have decided that there is nothing wrong, so they arent being very helpful anymore. I realise that there will always be some slowing of other functions but not this much. I caught up with other owners, some who were happy some who were not. I even tried a guys machine who was happy as Larry with it, In my opinion his machine was slow too??? Berry, yeah my blade interfeers with tramming, which, if I understand correctly, it shouldn't. I thought that pump #1 did one track, pump #2 did the other and the auxilery pump operated the blade, shouldnt this mean the blade cant interfeer with tramming? I dont think mine gets worse I just get more frustrated as the day goes on so I notice it more!!!
I did pick my machine up last night and was able to work it all day.... It was noticeably better....the tech explained to me that the right side was 70 psi below max spec...he did turn it to max,,, He wouldn't give to much more info.....after operating all day I now understand more what is wrong....boom up and down and bucket curl and dump are on one circuit and stick in and out and spin left or right are on another.... boom and bucket were/ are so much slower than stick and turn,,, you can't get smoothe.... With the 70 psi added,,, mine was like a new machine.. Still needs a little more psi though, I think 30 to 50 may get it.. The movements still arent quite equal.... May just have to deal with the blade,, but it shouldn't do what it does. My boom cylinder has a scratch the length of the shaft..it has to be warranted.. I am going to try to get them to turn it up a little more and set the blade over ride a little stiFfer...if I can get that my machine would be nice... DGMM, u may want to see if your pressures are maxed, or just within specs....I never would have believed 70 psi would make that much difference but it did...
Was wondering if u were able to get kubota to tell you what the problem was....150 hours.....with 70 more psi all new fluid and filters.....still having problems with my machine....I now have called the corporate office...will see what they say .......
I've been meaning to ask how you got on. You've been a bit quiet so I thought it was all good.I'm not getting anywhere with the dealer or Kubota. I,ve now had a lawyer write a letter of demand, to either fix the problem or a full refund. It's a pity it has come to this but what can you do when no one will help. The lawyer thinks they are in breach of some advertising laws & promises.
It seems my machine has developed a personality, sometimes smooth as silk,,,,,, sometimes stick in and out and turret and travel are in high speed while everything else is slow...then you have the all operations slow with no power....I have been messing with the operations and there are times it acts the same at half throttle as it does wide open....then there is the wobble,,sometimes it shakes like a vibrating bed in an old motel.... It also never seems to run at the same RPM...2381 when you start in the morning and later in the day may get as low as 2340....seems strange....I have been waiting a month for a factory rep...still haven't seen one...now the dealer doesn't return my call..... Cooperate office said I would hear back from them by today.... In the mean time the piston on my main cylinder still has an imperfection the length of it......it seems people get their money and don't care....if you don't mind DGMM would you pm me your info machine info and ill do the same we can work together......
Damn shame you spend 60-70k on a machine and the manufacturer does not stand behind there product !!!
Does anybody know if a 2005 u25-3 would share the same design flaws?
You've got that right!!!!! i guess the problem is, everyone doesnt have 60k in cash to pay for the machine out right....since i/we finance the machine and sign a contract, they have u by the nads..... if i was rich i would park this thing in there show room and get me a caterpillar!!!! i hate to say it....May be made of chinese metal, but that 305 is smooth like water skiing on glass....if the kubota would operate correctly, it would be the best mini ex in its class.....built very well!!! bad operation!!! i wonder if our machines were built friday at beer thirty or monday morning after a hard weekend? wonder if a hydraulic line got crossed when the plummed it...
Just got a quote on a cat 305.5 D with thumb, two buckets $72,500 including tax....OUCH !!!!
Mine was the same...it includes extended warranty, insurance and taxes...0 interest for 5 years.....
i have an update on kubota's response to the problems with my machine... A factory service rep came out to the jobsite on the 24th....he agreed there are problems and they are obvious.... blade is not supposed to interupt travel. all of the motions are supposed to be equal...he says they will fix it....may be a couple things,,pilot control valve not in zero position or nulled, an injector not pulsing maybe electronic problem too.. i dont really know much about it, so im not going to try an lie!!! there is still only one main pump..there are a series of pilot or control valves.. Best i understand is they control pump pressure and where fluid goes and when... and they may not be working correctly...it will be in the shop today.. i will let everyone know how it goes..
I know a guy who has had an 305 "E" for 2 weeks now. I have not talked with him yet. He had tried out my 305 C CR a month ago and said he was going to get a "D", but an "E" showed up in his door yard!
I am demoing a 2012 CAt 305.5 D as we speak very nice machine
Doesn't the KX057/U55 have 3 pumps? I figure Kubota would have spec'd them with 3 pumps to reduce the likelihood of the symptoms you're describing. If I'm not mistaken the Bobcat E50 has one pump....does it display this behavior too? -manatarms
to everyone who has been keeping up with this thread, i have been givin a diagnosis...the main pump on my machine is bad...makes pressure but no volume...said all pressures would check out. i wasnt until they put a flow meter on it that the problem showed up.... now for the great news , , there arent any pumps available.... may be a month at least.....no rental coverage, no help from dealer, service manager wakes up in a new world everyday...i am pretty much screwed..kubota wont defer any payments until u have made at least 6 payments,, i have made 2......i bought a brand new machine that was fuct from the factory....nobody seems to think i deserve a new machine! does anyone have any ideas on how to get them to replace the machine??? I the way i understood it was , there was a three pump load sensing system....my rep says there is only one main pump.. do not know for sure so i cant argue..
Hi Berry, im sorry to hear of the problems your having! It make sense that the pump is not producing enough flow, but the fact that there is none available for that length of time is a disgrace!! I have no real advise to offer, just wanted to voice that i feel your pain! all i can really say is i would be getting a lawyer involved! Its a new machine after all and you DO have rights! Aiden
Let me say in advance I expect some disagreement with the following. Here is how I would handle this- I would have a large sign made, at a sign shop that gives a factual account of what has happened to you. If you own one, make the sign big enough to fit on the side of your dump, or in the back of your pick up. Take excavator, truck and trailer and park legally as close as possible to dealership. Take pictures, with both the dealership and sign in the same shot. Leave it there a day or two. Meanwhile, mail the pictures to the regional rep, the North American rep with a note saying that due to lack of follow up, you were forced to take this drastic action. Also inform them that the pictures are on their way to Japan to the CEO of Kubota, which you should also do. I would demand repair within 2 weeks, or a full refund. What scares me here is when a pump lets go, it can pump metal all through the hydraulic system, so I would do a fluid sample at a independent shop, as the dealership is completely untrustworthy at this point. If the sample comes back bad, anything less than a new machine or a full refund is out of the question. I have gone down this road myself, with a manufacter of irrigation products. Keep your head, speak the truth and apply pressure at the leverage points. What they are doing to you is very wrong.
Some real good thoughts there 74
I think they have done you wrong......I personally think you have rights, and the best way to deal with this situation is to consult with an attorney, and find out what the best procedure is to deal with this.......I wouldn't do anything that may give the dealer any countersuit....What you purchased is defective and you have done more than what I would consider to be a decent person..And frankly I wouldn't expect to deal with the dealer anymore, due to this situation....I hope you have an alternative brand nearby, and that they are a decent sized company that will stand behind their product..... I was thinking about the same machine you purchased, as the small tractor I got a couple of years ago is relatively trouble free...I have a front end loader, and the hydraulics are not nearly a good as a previous John Deere, but the Deere dealership is too far away now due to the closing of the more local one.... A real shame about your situation, as the purchase of a new machine comes around so rarely. Sorry. Tony
I was going to say the same thing. When a pump goes that is seldom the end of your problems. It does not sound like it has grenaded, since it still runs but never the less I would get a hyd oil sample and see how much debris is flowing through your system. Unless you are wealthy you likely cant just flip this machine for another, since you have had it for two month and its fuct it, the trade value of that machine would make you cry. So you likely have to stick it out. I would do similiar to what Shovel prescribes, although I would first contact everyone possible. Just a note dont forget to mention that you frequent internet sites like this one. I will give one quick story about how powerful that is. There is a tire/track OEM that makes airless tires. I bought a set and one of the tires was bad and wearing at 3X the rate of the other 3. They acknowledged the tire was bad since they offered varying degrees of help. This was unacceptable to me. They finally got down to me paying $100 for shipping for the single new airless tire. I felt and still do that the tire was defective and I already paid to have 4 tires shipped to me, its not my fault one was a POS. I was as persuasive as I could be. They refused any further help........until I mentioned several internet forums that I was an active member on which included this one, complete with screen names. I mentioned that I could significantly influence the buying decisions of a great many buyers by simply and fairly posting my experience. I got my tire for free as I should have. I used this only after all other means were expended because I wanted to give them every opportunity to do the right thing. Perhaps this might work for you.
Hi all, sorry been AWOL... I havnt been given a diagnosis yet BUT... It would appear a decision has been made to put the customer first. I cannot say too much yet but possibly a new machine... I will let you know as soon as I hear.
Ah, the power of the internet!
Look up the lemon law in Arkansas. You're a consumer and you've got rights. A dealer can't just take your money and leave you to deal with it if it turns out to be a lemon. Keep pushing the issue. Don't take no for an answer. If someone is not giving you the results that you want, talk to their superior- regional, national or international if need be. I almost bought a kubota 6 weeks ago and I held back because of what I read here.
Sounds like your pump is not stroking all the way. Sounds like it may be an easy fix and with the large amount of money tied into the machine, have the pump repaired and file a lien on the dealer for the cost
Hi I'm new to this site and therefore am not allowed to start a new thread yet. I read somewhere to join an existing thread to ask my question. Does anyone know how to tighten the track (rubber) on a SK 027 Kobelco Small track-hoe / excavator? It came off while I was driving up a hill. I was able to get it back on but I cant seem to tighten the track.
In this case Kubota just needs to do the right thing and give you a new same model machine! Legdoc
http://static.mascus.com/image/product/large/jssrauction/kobelco-sk027,e01k301983001_6.jpg See the cover plate on the undercarriage? Take it off and there should be a grease nipple, this grease nipple charges a cylinder that tensions the idler wheel to tighten the track. Not sure what the spec is for your machine but generally there is supposed to be 1-2cm of slack between the bottom of the track roller and track, when the machine is lifted off the ground and the track seam is up the top in the middle. If you keep having the track come loose it may be that the tensioner cylinder is leaking.
was wondering if u have heard anything from kubota about your machine.......... My drama continues.. As everyone has probably read my machine and "DGMMs'" machine have not been right since the day we loaded them up.... i recieved my machine back on july 6th or 7th didnt get it to work until the next week...within 3 hours i could tell the machine was a little stronger,also no longer vibrated like a roll packer... still didnt operate equally throughout each opposing motion...blade still interupting travel...the strength was there but didnt feel like it should...after about 40 hours it was like the machine ate some spinach and got stronger,,but operations never equaled out ...also some nit picking they chipped the paint in 5 places to the primer , to fix this they put touch up paint on it looks like a 3 year old got a hold of some nail polish...they didnt put the engine cover back on correctly it no longer closes all the way..rained all over my motor....now some new problems my quick attatch has three broken welds, head liner falling down, and washer fluid still leaking inside the cab....i have now dropped the machine back off at the dealer for the third time....finance company did defer two payments, but that time is over...they also said it was up to the dealer whether or not to replace machine..they would be fine with me getting a new machine...service manager said they should just give me a new one...the general manager of the dealership said he would see what he could do.... thats it for my update..
Man that is terrible .......Tony
Well what happened? Tony
Yeah im dying to hear updates on these machines as im thinking about upgrading the kx121
Wow. What a thread. Sorry for you guys that are in the thick of it with your new machines. I have an older KX-71. Bought it used and been happy with it. It really sux when a manfacture suddenly has a bad run on a model/part and does little about it. Please keep us updated on it all. Jason
Just an update, nearing 700hrs no probs. I'm sorry to hear Berry that your problems continue. I can say that blade operation does slow travel and I think that this machine would have trouble running something like a mower while tracking. I've run an auger now and it slows considerably while tracking. Still a good performing well balanced machine.
Just ticked over a hundred hours on my Kx-121no problems love it!
i am now at 768 hours,, problems continue....i had meetings with big wigs from kubota,, they couldnt see the problems....the factory rep and general manager from the dealership have been to the jobsite 3 times to operate machine,,check duration/speed of functions... also to operate machine hot and in the field,,,factory rep recons everything within spec!!! blade still interrupts travel,,sometimes goes into slow motion all together,, my machine will now actually get stuck,, what i mean is, occasionally main boom will go down but will not go up,,i have to turn off machine and restart it for that operation to work... they told me i had to live with the chipped paint "it is a machine"...wich i disagree with!! i asked them if they had taken a 60,000.00 corvette to the dealer and they gouged the paint would they accept it?.. this they did not like...today the function got stuck and was able to video it and show the GM....i also had been told by the factory rep that my pump had been sent back to kubota to be checked out 400 machine hours ago,,.guess what?? it just left the dealership the other day.....i believe my machine is just one of those bad apples... and the rep isnt helping..the right thing is to replace this machine.. i hope with this video i will get me a new machine... i think my problems now stem from the fact that my dealership was not able to diagnose the pump issue..then kubota had no factory rep for my area...because of this i had to put 365 hours on my machine with a bad pump... it had bad harmonic vibration and most likely debris in system ... to Ma71T i would buy a 305 caterpillar if i was you... if you spec all the machines in this class u will want the kubota,,if you park them next to eachother you will want kubota,, if you operate them first,,you will run to the caterpillar and throw rocks at the kubota...i tried to load the video but it is too big...ill put it on youtube and post the link later
Thanks for the update....I am sorry you are having this type of problem.....I am very close to buying a machine, and think the bobcat may be the way I go----I mentioned to the Kubota dealer ---who is where I have dealt with in the past--about your problem, and he said he gets all the information on service bulletins etc and has not heard of anything like you mention.....again thanks...Tony
. There are a few people around here that have purchased bobcat machines...I haven't heard any bad news...seems the research I did,, stated certain bobcat excavators have kubota motors in them...my memory sometimes isn't the best though.. U might wanna check...
I think it does, but the motor is a good one...What I have experienced is similar to yourself, and that being the hydraulics..As long as I just use one function on the tractor l42 something, it is fine..If I do two things, like go forward and say curl the bucket, it bogs down...I just work around that, as this is just a tractor.... The above is my concern with a much more expensive escalator...I am on the verge of making a decision, so appreciate your input.....Kubota should make a bigger effort IMO. They are a fine company with good products, but I swear they should have a response team ready to deal with the occasional --bad apple--- Tony
Berry, that sucks and they should have just chalked up their losses as a dealership/manufacturer (whoever) and given you a new one. The story doesn't end here and hopefully eventually everything gets worked out. It's a shame that you've gotten stuck with a lemon. It seems like most people who run Kubotas are usually pretty happy with their machines. Kubota should understand that and be willing to stand behind the lemons that are surely going to pop up.
I suppose better late than never but I recently helped my mate write the letter to Kubota about his new (still under warranty) KX 57-4. Basically the machine has never performed as it should. Loading trucks is when it comes apart...its so slow its ridiculous. The Dealer has been out to it no less than 5 times and even the state tech reps. This is a known problem to them but they provide no solution. Mate is really upset because he updated from the 161-3 which he never had the slightest problem with.
Hi Berry, Wondering if you've had any positive developments regarding your machine? That Youtube link would be helpful.... All the best.
sorry its been so long,,, kubota did not replace machine. i put a few nasty posts on their facebook page..treatened with post of video on you tube. (which they deleted) (also asked me not to post video) finally an engineer from california who might have known something. told them to replace a couple things on the valve body said they were getting stuck... dealer had put too thick of hydraulic oil in it which slowed machine also... they flushed whole system, replaced those 2 valves and put 46 weight oil in it and machine was better.... it still has its moments when it doesnt act right though.. i think there is not enought constant volume of fluid to make the machine multifunction properly....i was able to turn the throttle stop a half turn without cutting the safty wire and was able to get the machine to turn 75-100 rpms more..this helped quite a bit as i noticed motor would drop considerable rpm when using certain functions.......i have said it before, i hate my machine!!! blade interupts travel , and does not multifunction well at all! i feel like it is built the best and operates the worst of any of the excavators ive sat on.... cant go wrong with a caterpillar they are super smoothe!!! ill never buy kubota again!!!
Would still like to see a youtube vid...see how bad it is. I can multi on mine (Bobby), but I do notice a stutter when under load or using three/four things at once (travelling, turning, boom down/up and curl). Using the blade while travelling should not cause any problems, especially since it is a small ram on blade. Not to rub it in, but I just regraded my drive and I noticed zero stutter.... Seems like the load sensing hydraulics are wonky.Did you get a new pump? A quick and dirty way of measuring flow is to go through motions and see how they stack up against published specs...example, mine rotates 9 times in one minute, and speed is 5.?mph in rabbit etc... I've always had a fondness for Kubota, since my machine has a Kubota sitting in the trunk, and knock on wood it hasn't let me down. I would have thought Kubota would have copied the best of Bobcat when designing their minis. I do wish I had auto idle...load sensing seems like an accident waiting to happen. I can tweak load by crossfeeding pump sections to get an extra boost when needed...all without a computer. Wonder if the load sensing wasn't activated (pull a fuse), would the machine still work? I feel for ya.
As I said a while ago, I`m sorry you have had this problem.....I did buy a Bobcat, and it unfortunately had the zerk that pressures the tread broken, and of course the first time I used it the tread came off.....Dealer came and got machine, and fixed zerk.... I got tread back on---a pain--also has a small (very) hydraulic leak, and it was because a clamp was loose...They fixed that also....Although I am not what you would call a proficient operator, I am learning....No matter what brand it would seem that the manufacturer would stand behind the product......I notice that if I am traveling,and that if by chance I move anything else the machine slows down....Someone also said the all do....I just know about this one, and the Kub tractor that has the weak oil pump, if you try and curl the bucket, and lift simultaneously....I easily handle that situation....and think Kub makes a good product....Tony