Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota Kx101-3 boom cylinder seal.

toget007 ยท 2013-02-20 15:37

Hi. I was woundering if someone has experience With changing seals on boom lift clylinder on kx101-3, 2007 mod? Is it something I could do by my self? And can someone recomand a dealer for this parts? Thanks Thomas

Replies8
  1. #1jack3452013-02-21 00:35

    I just did arm cylinder on a Kubota its not a hard job, manual helps step by step. I purchased OEM parts from Stacy Stocker at Big Orange parts 1877 809 5565 or Tracy Stocker . You can buy complete kit or just the parts needed. After taking apart I found that I needed a wiper seal, rod seal, and I also replaced piston seal. Normal tools plus 3/4" drive socket set and a manual for the first time. On next rebuild I would remove seals and use local hydraulic shop for seal parts saving $.

  2. #2toget0072013-02-21 11:41

    Thanks for answer Do you remeber the price for the parts?

  3. #3jack3452013-02-21 19:05

    Yes, my total was less than $96.USD, Wiper was about $49. Piston seals about $32, and Rod seal was about $15. shipping was included.

  4. #4toget0072013-02-28 11:35

    Do you, or someone els, have the part nr. on boom cylinder seal kit, on my Kubota KX101-3, 2007 mod? You see, I don't have the part manual :/ Thanks

  5. #5jack3452013-02-28 11:59

    I have found part break outs info at Kubota web site and .messicks.com/KubotaTractorParts.aspx You can down load info required. I have down loaded several and have them on my desktop for my excavator for quick ref. The Kubota site is about the same as Messicks download but some pictures are not the same.

  6. #6toget0072013-02-28 12:08

    Yeah, I know!.. I have tried, but of some reason I'm not allowed to do that from Norway!...

  7. #7jack3452013-02-28 12:40

    Boom seal kit P/N for serial number(Kx101) 11314 + is 68651-91020 If you PM me your email will TRY to send you complete hydraulic system parts info.

  8. #8toget0072013-03-14 14:02

    I bought the kit 68651-91020, but it do not seem to fit my KX101-3, 2007 mod, machine! .. Maybe it's to a older series! :/