Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota kx121-2 slow hydraulics

Kenny753 ยท 2013-04-17 13:59

Hi folks I have a kubota kx121-2 excavator with slow hydraulics .. When I start the machine it runs fine for about 1-2 minutes as Normal but the the hydraulics get slower and slower until it completely stops.. But when I open and close the safety bar lever the machine comes back to normal for about the same time..1-2 minutes and then slows down to Notting .. Every time I open and close the safety bar It speeds back up to normal for just a couple of minutes.. The tracks work normal all time. Thing I have done 1. I removed the switch under the safety bar and wired it direct but no change.. Checked all fuses 2 I check the voltage going to the solenoids and it getting 12volts.. 3 I removed the solenoids and checked them on a battery some times the close some time they don't .. Would the solenoids be the problem?? Thanks kenny

Replies1
  1. #1ozfossil2013-08-20 23:26

    I need to say first I am no expert (or even moderately familiar) with excavators, but have read a lot and from your description (until someone who really knows answers !) it could be a blocked hydraulic filter - I understand that some Kubotas have two hydraulic ccts so could explain drive being unafected. I again would like to offer this as a first response in case you are looking for something to check - usually it turns out to be the simplest cause. I am an Electronics Engineer and I am used to fearing the worst and finding the best! Cheers from Australia Peter