Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX121-3 questions

kpresley84 ยท 2011-09-29 02:28

Hey guys, New to the forum...got a question or two for yall.....I am looking into buying a KX121-3 2008 model...I have one found from an individual...Here are the specs: 2008 KX121-3, w/cab h/a, thumb, angle blade, rubber tracks, 1300hrs.....The guy is wanting $28,000..... My question is to those of you that deal with this daily, is this a good price for the machine? Is 1300 hrs considered a lot on this machine? Mainly im wanting to know if i buy this machine for 28K, will i still be able to sell it in a couple years and be able to get most of my money back?? If someone could answer these couple questions that would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

Replies3
  1. #1wbardo2011-09-30 19:10

    I upgraded from 121-2 to 121-3 last year. Bought a 2006 with about 1800 hrs for around 27000. It has quick attach bucket, straight blade, cab air/heat, and steel tracks. 1300 hours isn't anything for one of these machines if it isn't abused. The kubota engines will run forever with very little maintenance. It runs all day for less than 10 gallons of fuel. I didn't think the rubber tracks lasted too long, which is why my second one has steel tracks. I am also working mostly in shale/Stoney ground though so it will depend on your conditions. One thing to watch on this machine is drive motors in my opinion. They don't seem to be rugged enough to be pushing dirt all the time. My first machine I had to replace them as soon as I got it at about 1600 hours, but I got the machine from a rental company. I assume it was abused a bit in it's previous life. My next machine( when I win the lottery) would be the new kx 057. I think it's undercarriage is more rugged. The 057 is just a little heavier and more stable, but still able to transport with 3/4 or 1 ton truck/trailer. I don't think you'll have any problem using it for a while and getting most of your money back. I see a lot of these selling in mid 20's, so if you take care of it it should hold it's value. look it over good before buying. I love my machine and it is very handy. Good luck

  2. #2kpresley842011-09-30 20:58

    Thanks man I appreciate it! My uncle has a kx121-3 with angle blade but without cab and I really like it just wish it had a cab! It has 1600hrs and all it needs is pins and bushings in bucket and it is fine! They are really handy machines! How much value per 500 hrs would you say the machine loses? Also how many hrs would u consider to be a lot of hrs on one? Thanks

  3. #3Hendrik2011-10-01 20:54

    Hmmnh, there seems to be a duplication perhaps these two threads can be merged?