Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX121-3 questions

kpresley84 ยท 2011-09-29 03:02

Hey guys, New to the forum...got a question or two for yall.....I am looking into buying a KX121-3 2008 model...I have one found from an individual...Here are the specs: 2008 KX121-3, w/cab h/a, thumb, angle blade, rubber tracks, 1300hrs.....The guy is wanting $28,000..... My question is to those of you that deal with this daily, is this a good price for the machine? Is 1300 hrs considered a lot on this machine? Mainly im wanting to know if i buy this machine for 28K, will i still be able to sell it in a couple years and be able to get most of my money back?? If someone could answer these couple questions that would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

Replies7
  1. #1kpresley842011-09-29 18:57

    Anybody guys?

  2. #2kubotakx1212011-09-29 19:52

    1300 hrs. is not a lot if it has been properly maintained. 28K is a really good price if everything is tight and the tracks are good. If it is in good shape you would most likely get a good part of your money back when you sell it.

  3. #3kpresley842011-09-29 22:03

    Thanks! I am going to test it tomorrow...typically what would you say was a lot of hrs on one would be? 4k? also how much $ do you think the cab, heat, air is worth vs without?? From what I have been told, everything is tight and tracks and rollers are good..so if everything checks out that's a pretty good deal price wise? Thanks again!

  4. #4kubotakx1212011-09-29 22:32

    Anything over 2500 hrs. i would look over very carefully, cab is worth about $4000 over an open station one.

  5. #5kpresley842011-09-29 23:48

    Thanks I appreciate it!

  6. #6KSSS2011-10-01 12:37

    New I would guess that machine could be bought for mid 40K range so 4 model years old and 1300 hours, assuming its in good shape I think is pretty good deal. The question being could you resell it in a couple years and recoup most your money? Assuming it is still in good condition but 6 model years old with 1800 hours on it or so, I think that you could easily resell it at will in the mid 20's range. Might cost you a couple K to own it, but I think you could come close to getting most, if not all of your money back.

  7. #7kpresley842011-10-01 16:48

    Thanks I appreciate it! I am having a Kubota mechanic do a maintenance check on it and if all checks out I think I will get it! Thanks guys!