Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota kx121 running two attachments?

Acerental ยท 2014-04-21 21:19

Hello all. I have a kubota kx121 with a quick attach and a hydraulic thumb. I had a quick attach plate made for my new holland mini I had that I could pin on my hydraulic hammer or my auger however it did not have a thumb. My dilemma is with the thumb on the kubota my auxiliary ports are being used. Is there a way to add another set of auxiliarys so I can leave the thumb on? I really don't want to remove the thumb just to hammer or auger.

Replies3
  1. #1lumberjack2014-04-21 21:27

    http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Valves/Selector-Valves/ You could go cheap and use a manual valve or spend some more and go with an electric option. Orr you could put quick connects on the thumb and the hard lines, and unplug the thumb and plug the auger/hammer in. The quick connects will keep the thumb from falling... much.

  2. #2Deeretracks2014-04-22 00:52

    You can do like the Cat mini's. They have quick couplers and right above them is a tee that goes to the thumb cyl. In between the tee and the Cyl is a shut off valve on both sides. That way, you run the thumb all the way up, close the valves, attach the hammer hoses to the couplers, turn the diverter on the machine to 1-way flow, and you're in business......

  3. #3Acerental2014-04-22 14:51

    Thanks for the info, I like the idea of the cat setup. I will look into that.