Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX41-2

john davie · 2014-10-25 13:57

Hi guys I am new to the forum and need some advice I recently bought a Kubota kx41-2 which was working fine and had loads of power To load the machine onto the trailer I climbed a steep incline towards the road and it lost power to the right track I managed to get it loaded but since have discovered it has no power to anything on the right hand stick The left hand stick and track has plenty power It has no leaks and full tank of oil Can someone point me in the right direction John

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2014-10-25 14:52

    Sounds to me like you lost a pump section. You might try swapping hoses at the pump temporarily, see if the problem switches sides. If you do remove the hoses from the two larger pump sections, look for signs of metal shavings or particles there, if you see any stop and pull the pumps. Don't want to contaminate the system any more than it already is if you do have a pump failure.

  2. #2john davie2014-10-27 05:44

    Cheers that sounds like a quick test to carry out Will get back to you with results Worst case is this going to be expensive

  3. #3john davie2014-10-29 10:50

    Hi again I took your advice and swapped pipes over and you were right the problem went to the other side I stripped the pump out and split it and hey presto found a burst seal I have ordered a seal kit which is £70 a whole lot cheaper than £800+ for a replacement pump Cant thank you enough as I didn't know where to start Thanks John Davie

  4. #4lantraxco2014-10-29 13:06

    Hope it works out for you.

  5. #5john davie2014-11-05 12:40

    HELP Replaced the burst seal in the pump middle section and put it back together with new seals all round Unfortunately the problem is still the same. everything works if I operate the dipper arm but as soon as I release the dipper arm nothing works again Still only one track working properly but if I operate the blade both tracks run at the same speed I have cracked various pipes thinking I had an air lock and all had oil The new pump seals are fitted correctly and weren't that expensive but im thinking something else is wrong Just don't know where to start Cheers John