Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX41-2 leaking hydraulic

josephny · 2022-08-11 19:03

My KX41-2 starting leaking hydraulic fluid. I traced it to a small hole (about 1/8" diameter), perfectly round, at the very base of the swing drive that shoots fluid when the machine is running. It looks like the hole is supposed to be there -- it looks machined, as opposed to some sort of break. Does anyone know what to do about this? Thank you! Here's some videos and pics: https://youtube.com/shorts/-ivd2JUgOM0?feature=share https://youtube.com/shorts/F-c1rPmaWis?feature=share

Replies6
  1. #1Vetech632022-08-11 19:32

    I would say your motor shaft seal is leaking.

  2. #2josephny2022-08-12 02:41

    Can the seal be readily replaced? Thank you!

  3. #3josephny2022-08-13 07:30

    New pump is ~$5k -- I'm in trouble. Any have a solution? Thank you!

  4. #4Mwall032023-04-08 21:59

    I had the exact same issue with my kx41-2. This hole is a tell tale hole to let you know a seal has failed. I purchased a seal kit and re sealed the motor. That took care of the leak. Also had to replace a couple bearings that were in the motor that were going out. Hope this helps if you haven’t fixed it already.

  5. #57Wells2025-10-03 23:16

    Where did you get the seal kit from?

  6. #6JS4302025-10-04 06:25

    Looks like Messicks.com offers the seals.