Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota KX41-2 Leaking Swing Motor

Mwall03 · 2022-05-05 08:24

Just noticed my swing motor on my 2001 Kx41-2 is leaking from a little hole at the base of the motor. What is this hole for? Is this a sign that a seal has failed? Any input on what is needed to fix this issue would be helpful, whether it's a new seal or new swing motor. Thanks!

Replies6
  1. #1uffex2022-05-06 04:04

    Good day That appears to be a tell tale hole to indicate the motor shaft seal has failed, I suggest unbolt the motot leave the lines connected lift the motor, see if fluid is leaking past. Replace or repair for corrective action - check the drain line pressure to avoid reoccurance. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Kubotakx412023-04-05 14:50

    I have the same machine with the exact same problem. Did you replace the motor or just reseal it?

  3. #3Mwall032023-04-05 14:54

    I was able to reseal it thankfully. New seal kit and 2 new bearing and it’s been working fine since!

  4. #4Kubotakx412023-04-08 10:50

    Any tips on removing this swing drive? It’s a royal pain. I unbolted the seat and have it lifted enough to access everything. I was able to remove the 4 flang bolts and all three hoses but can’t lift the motor up out of its position. Any advise is much appreciated

  5. #5Mwall032023-04-08 21:26

    Yeah, mine gave me a hard time as well. I found hitting it with the soft faced mallet while wiggling it back and forth helped loosen it up. where the motor sits down in the frame, there was some corrosion which made it hard to pull out. Hope this helps some.

  6. #67Wells2025-10-03 23:09

    Where did you get the seal kit?