Hello good morning all and Merry Christmas! I recently had my swivel/rotary joint rebuilt on my mini ex. It was leaking from the center seam so I decided to get it done at a local shop. From the videos and articles I have found online it never said anything about having to bleed the hydraulic system I’m wondering if that’s correct or if there are other steps involved after the install. Thank you
That rotary in its location is a pass-thru. It will bleed the air itself just through operation.
Thank you for the reply sir! I kind of figured it would bleed off by exercising the machine and with use.
So this pump was rebuilt sometime in late November. I installed it the following day after I received it from the shop. Everything was working fine and I even noticed more power at the drive motors when tracking. About a week ago I began to have problems with the dozer blade, I would raise it and it would drop on its own. The drive motors began to act bizarre and eventually stopped functioning when pulling/pushing the levers. At one point the lever for the right side track was actually lowering my dozer blade. I took off the rubber mat and plate where my feet rest to inspect the top portion and found nothing wrong visually. When I removed the bottom skid plate a washer and snap ring was resting on the skid plate. I knew that was coming from my rotary joint. I called the shop to notify them about my findings and what I could do to get the machine functioning properly again. Per there instructions I was told to put downward pressure on the top part of the joint in order to lower it down enough to put the washer and snap ring back on. It was a lot easier said then done, I disconnected all lines from the joint again because the pressure was to great. Once I did that i then was able to get the joint to close again allowing me to put the pieces back on ( washer, new snap ring). I connected my hoses again and put hydraulic fluid to recommended level on sight gauge. I turned on the mini ex to see if the problem had resolved but right away I began to have the same issue with the blade and drive motors. As of now my swing function, my retraction of the tracks, and my bucket/arm/boom functions work. I’m not sure how the snap ring came undone and im wondering if the inner seals got damaged or moved out of place when the separation occurred. Any thoughts or ideas please chime in. I might be forgetting some details but so far it’s what I got. I do have warranty on the rebuild and i will be returning it so they can hopefully correct the problem. Thank you y’all
Do you mean the rotary manifold? This should not have happened. Well, that's a shortcut. How much distance did you have to compress? The seals are normally extremely close to the inner ports. Yes. More than likely that is exactly what happened. I would remove it (yeah it sucks but oh well) and return it to be torn down and inspected again. The shop should warranty it if they are reputable. It's not uncommon for some seals to be cut during assembly.
Morning, yes the rotary manifold. Sorry not sure why I wrote down pump last night. Im guessing maybe 3/16” or 1/4” of distance. The last picture was a comparison of the old snap ring and the new snap ring. Really do appreciate your replies there Vetech63 thank you sir.
Morning yall, I installed my swivel joint over the weekend. The hydraulic shop took it apart again and redid seals and back up rings according to them. All my functions are working even the blade seems to be holding when left in the up position, before I would raise it and would drop down right away. My machine is not tracking though, could it be swivel joint again ?? Either or motor does not turn, I push/pull the levers but get no movement I can hear the pump and engine working little harder when I hit the levers. Could I have air or possibly back pressure ? I read somewhere perhaps it can be a brake valve related issue not sure if my machine is equipped with that I’ll have to study the manual. My machine does have second speed mode would have an effect ?