Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota kx61-2 hydraulic problem

Kevin2466 · 2022-08-15 22:07

I have an early 2000’s kx61-2. After sitting for a couple months I started it and the bucket curl doesn’t work, everything else works exactly like it’s supposed to. It has hydraulic pilot controls, I know very little about hydraulic controls, I would appreciate any direction on where/how to diagnose the problem

Replies8
  1. #1uffex2022-08-17 10:42

    Good day Kevin & welcome Can you operate the bucket cylinder in either direction? Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Kevin24662022-08-17 11:02

    It doesn’t not work in other direction, when I push handle in either direction it gives no feedback. I pushed and held several minutes in both directions

  3. #3uffex2022-08-17 12:54

    Good day Kevin The question is if the cylinder is at fault or the base machine, I am assuming this is a standard machine with no third party installations. If you are not sure, take some photos of the bucket lines and valve, post them here. See attached. Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Kevin24662022-08-17 22:48

    Thank you for your response, I do not believe it is the cylinder as it is not getting on pressure to the cylinder lines. I believe it is me of the valves, but am unsure how to diagnose which

  5. #5uffex2022-08-18 04:05

    Good day Kevin You have pressure in the cylinder lines when you operate the bucket means the cylinder is at fault. Are you just making a guess or do you have the possibility to measure? To trouble shoot hydraulics it is necessary to have a pressure measuring device be it a anologe - digital or adapted pressure sensor, if you prefer to guess most probably you will make considerable work for no result. Look hard at the cylinder for any damage > can you hear fluid by-passing the piston, such points are good indication of where the problem is at. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6uffex2022-08-18 04:09

    Ommited to Hydraulic schematic

  7. #7Kevin24662023-05-23 11:05

    I have the same machine same problem. I tapped on the curl valve with a hammer while someone held the control lever open. Started working after a couple bumps. It’s the last valve on the bank closest to the back of machine…lol just realized I replied to my own post, thanks to those that replied

  8. #8Stipe2024-03-11 15:40

    Hi Does anyone have service manual for Kubota kx61-2 2002 year of production?