Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota L3710 HST – How to split tractor to replace clutch? Help Please.

swampdog ยท 2014-06-02 09:28

I don't have a manual for the Kubota. It appear that the clutch is gone; the machine won't move forward or backwards at all. Can anyone offer instructions for how to replace the clutch? How tough is this to do? I'm assuming that it is necessary to split the tractor to do this. A reprint of the relevant pages from the repair manual would help a lot too if anyone has that. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Replies3
  1. #1El Hombre2014-06-02 14:29

    Don't have a little orange tractor, but from watching the guys at the Ford dealer, having a flat, smooth work area is important. Once you unbolt the two halves, it's not going to be in balance. So you need to really think about where both halves are going to go and have a jack or cribbing to catch it. Then when you go to stab the input shaft thru the clutch, you'll understand why you need a flat surface. Otherwise, you get to wrestle half the tractor to get it aligned. I'd get the digital camera out and take mucho pictures of everything around the bell housing and anything else you need to pull, you'll remember most of it; but not everything. You might ask at the local dealer if they have any advice, you are going to buy the parts from them, after all...

  2. #2fixou8122014-06-03 20:07

    Hello Swamp I seem to remember seeing this job in progress on a tractor site or maybe YouTube from what I remember parts were Very expensive but the greater problem was getting your hands on them. Take your time getting set up and having it apart for a while. .. and do not break anything.

  3. #3fixou8122014-06-03 20:40

    Let me put it to you Swamp if you bought a tractor at auction Of that year and model caught fire broke axle etc And parted it out you'd be a millionaire because of scarcity of parts. ... I remember one stupid part was keeping the tractor from going back together.