Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota lift arms and curl are weak.

Toby White ยท 2023-12-25 16:14

I was using a brush cutter and had it tipped down slightly it caught on a stump while I was tracking forward and pushed the curl arms down. After that it would not hold the head up it would gradually fall. I had the curl cylinders rebuilt and it seemed to help some. But I don't have any real power in the lift arms or in the curl anymore. When the machine is running and not moving I feel like I can hear fluid moving through the joystick area. Where do I start to diagnose the problem and fix it? I feel like the power in the tracking is still good just not in the lift arms or curl.

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2023-12-25 20:14

    I wonder if the back pressure of the weight of "fall" didn't damage the valves somehow where they will no longer hold the pressure and it bleeds off?

  2. #2Toby White2023-12-26 07:36

    The curl not staying up fixed itself after a couple days. When I rebuilt the curl cylinders it seemed to help power slightly. Are you referring to valves in joystick?