For people who have used the Kubota M59 what are your overall opinions of it? I realize it isn't a full sized machine but I need the use of a pto and 3 point. Does the loader have enough lift capacity, does the backhoe have reasonable power? Any opinions are welcomed!
Th M59 on paper seems like a great niche machine. I have been interested in one for a few years as one would fit my business very well. I already run a compact tlb and having the ability to run 3 point attachments would be great. That being said i have also over loaded and overworked mine more than once. One of these days I am going to have to replace it. Another issue with the M59 is price, for less money than a new one I can pick up a used lower hour full sized tlb with cab and other amenties as well as a tractor to run the 3 point attachments with. So far I haven't founf a M59 to demo to sway me in that direction.
Pretty much my thoughts as well. The M59 is the right size for a lot of my work and the weight's about perfect for a 14K trailer, leaving room for an attachment. The price and the lack of a factory cab are the main deterrents for me. I can't believe that they spec'd it with 10-16.5 front tires given the size of the bucket and lift capacity of the loader either.
I like the size of the m59, its down closer to the size of the early 580's and such. Would be a handy tractor for sure. I have 2 gripes with them, maybe 3. The cab needs to be wider so you can swivel the seat without getting up. They need an enclosed cab option, that works with and without the backhoe. Price, the are too greedy, like others have stated I can have a full size and a utility tractor for that $$... As it is my business does well without a backhoe. The midi and the ctl combo work well, not being able to rotate 360 would get me. Although if I did have one, a box blade with hydraulic tilt would be on it a lot...