Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota Mini Ex ?

code54 ยท 2017-04-09 21:50

Machine 2015 KX91-3 (300hrs) Tonight I was digging and in a little bit of mud. I was moving a large stump around and noticed that when I went to move the machine my right track would not spin. The left would spin and slip but not the right. I went to back up and everything worked as normal. I went up a STEEP hill and both tracks seemed to pull the same and the machine went up it. I bought the machine used and it seems the tracks never had a ton of power but I really don't have anything to compare it too. I read where people mention the motors are not super strong but I was not sure if I need to have this checked or not. If you take it to Kubota and they test it and it tests fine is that covered under warranty or do they normally charge you? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #10072017-04-12 06:43

    Hi Code54, The specs say your machine has an operating weight of 7110lb and a draw bar pull of 8363lb which crudely means your track drives and under carriage selection can pull more than the weight of the machine. So if you point the thing up the steepest slope it should haul its self up easily if not you have problems. A rock in the sprockets will stop the track and also if you are in high speed you have very little torque. Also you said you were moving stump? The Aux circuit is on the same as track motors so on mine if i am using foot pedal on aux to hang onto some thing with thumb it starves the track motors of fluid. Kubota usually will check your pressures for free under warranty but if you make them come out to you they will probably charge you. I wouldn't worry unless it kept on doing it. In mud your tracks get fouled all the time when you turn and you have to try to spin the rubble out of them by lifting each side of the machine. Cheers

  2. #2code542017-04-14 21:57

    Thank you!! Used it tonight and all worked really well so I am thinking I may have been mud bound a bit

  3. #3jack3452017-05-03 10:41
  4. #4jack3452017-05-03 10:49

    Yeah, I have found if you clear your tracks of mud,rocks even snow before trying to move all goes better. Just lift each side , spin track until it spins freely . Depending on how you turn the mud can bind between track & rollers

  5. #5code542017-05-07 21:19

    Thanks - I think that was the issue