Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

kubota problem???

chiny222 ยท 2015-04-21 16:52

hi, new here so pls forgive me for anything I do wrong!!! I have (I think)a Kubota kh10, been fine up till recently, it seems to lack power when pulling in the bucket when digging, no major hyd leaks, done nothing to the machine to trigger this, so im a bit stuck. I know very little hydraulics, but am learning fast!! thanks in advance for any help.

Replies4
  1. #1willie592015-04-21 21:06

    Welcome to HEF chiny222. :drinkup When you say it lacks power when pulling in the arm/bucket when digging, is the engine stalling out, or is the engine holding steady and it just doesn't seem to have the hydraulic power to pull the arm into the earth?

  2. #2chiny2222015-04-22 13:16

    hi willie59, the engine stays the same, it has no power to pull the bucket into the earth, it does make a sort of clicking noise when its trying to pull the bucket in. I have noticed some hyd fluid leaking from the spool valve(I think that's what its called) where the pipe from the weak ram goes to..... could this be a possible cause? it has always had a leak there, just kept the fluid topped up regular!!

  3. #3fixou8122015-04-22 18:00

    Hello Chin! I'd love to see a picture of your tractor. .. plus it helps to be familiar with such when seeking advice and fixing stuff. Give my regards to the Queen. ....Fixou812

  4. #4willie592015-04-22 22:24

    In order for leakage at the control valve to cause the problem, it would have to be a helluva leak, one that requires a bit more than simply "topping off" the tank. I'm not familiar with the innards of that particular machine, but generally speaking, if the engine is holding its own, the problem is in your hydraulic system. And without knowledge of this machine, no way I can say with any degree of certainty what is causing the problem, but two suspects would be faulty piston seal in the arm cylinder or faulty circuit relief valve for the arm in circuit. Do you have any problem with the boom power? What about the bucket, when you stab it in the dirt, will it curl through hard soil and load the bucket?