Hello all, I’m an expat building a retirement home in rural Philippines. I just bought a little Kubota to do some yard work and moving some dirt. Does anyone know of a source for replacement parts? Alternator/starter/water pump/radiator etc. all is fine now but planning for the future. Also, I’d there any modifications that can be made for traction? It has brand new tires but it’s not true 4wd. As soon as you lift a tire it becomes completely helpless. Welding the rear diff? Lockers? Any suggestions?
Model, serial number, and pics of loader?
Model RA400 I’ll have to get serial. Pic attached
You must sit on top of the engine on that loader. Looks better than a Waldon type loader though. Wider stance and roomier operator compartment.
I would have thought something that small being 2-wheel drive would be hydrostatic. Do you actually have a transmission and driveline in that loader?
Yep engine is under the seat, I’m 6’4 and the seat goes way back. Very comfortable.
It has park/low/high lever on dash, then forward/neutral/reverse lever on column. There is a center driveshaft that connects the rear axle to the front.
It is hydrostatic, only 2 pedals, gas and brake.
Can you take some pics of the differential set up? I'm trying to determine if you have a motor driven differential or wheel driven motors.
Here’s a few pics. Rear axle drives the front by a center mounted driveshaft.
Sorry for the delay
I’ve been using it around my property and as long as you keep the wheels on flat ground it does pretty well. Been having overheating and starting issues lately though. I had a mechanic come out and he said “oh ya they all do that”. Told me to run it without the rad cap and just add water when it overheats lol. I’m ordering a big aluminum rad from summit racing, an elect fan, and a starter blanket to protect it from the exhaust that’s routed dangerously close. Prob going to replace the exhaust as well.
They are handy little machines. They don’t like off camber or side hill situations, when one of the front tires lifts up it’ll pucker your rear. Make sure that your radiator is absolutely clean, it’s not real easy to do but if the unit has been leaking any oil and has been blown through the radiator, it will clog it easily. Also, make sure that your fan belt isn’t slipping.
Looks like I got taken to the cleaners on this thing. Had a whole host of issues, overheating, starting issues, etc. I’m now losing half a radiator per day worth of water and it’s not leaking. I’m careful to only use it sparingly and not let it get hot, but still the water goes. Cracked head or bad head gasket? Anyone know how to figure out what model of Kubota engine is installed in this thing?
Have you checked for antifreeze in the oil? It will take out engine bearings. Best not to use it until you figure out where the coolant is going.
Oil level looks good and stays constant. It’s getting picked up tomorrow to get taken for a check over by a local shop.