Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota SSV Owners

cdika17 ยท 2016-10-17 16:15

Any SSV owners out there? I hear the new SSV units now have pilot controls, wonder if anyone has experience on one yet? I think I'm dead set on getting one especially now with them having pilot controls, never did get much run time with a hand/foot setup.

Replies9
  1. #1Woodcutter602017-01-12 22:06

    Hi CD, Did you end up getting something and if yes, what and why? Your intended use (other post) is much like what I'd be using mine for and I'd be interested hearing your story. Thanks!

  2. #2dave esterns2017-02-07 12:30

    i drove one around the lot a bit ssv65 i believe. seemed like a pretty nice machine. pilot controls seemed to work well. seemed a bit loud in the cab for my liking. would be ideal machine if a guy was 500 pounds. doesn't have hydraulic cushioning on the tilt cylinders. i found my knee kept smashing into the instrument pod. i found seating position/floor depth/ergonomics to be a bit awkward but not bad. seemed very takeuchiish.

  3. #3Planedriver2017-02-07 13:21

    I just wish my Gehl had the sliding cab door Kubota has.

  4. #4canadachris2017-02-22 17:51

    Hey guys. I looked at a couple of new skid steers today. New Holland and Kubota. For the record, I am a big huge horse. 6'2" and just over 300 lbs. The NH was really nice. It was the best fitting skid steer Ive even been in. I prefer it has a seat-belt and no lap bar. That, until I sat in the Kubota SSV65. Wow. I was surprised that the lap bar fit over my gut. In all honesty, I don't have a huge gut for my size but the fat is kinda well distributed. Either way, the kubota won in every category. More shoulder, elbow and leg space. The flip up door is awesome too. I have to duck a bit to get it down but well worth it vs taking a door completely off and storing it somewhere. I love the design of this machine. from the rear mounted gas tank (ballast) to the 3/16" thick steel rear door to the motor direct driving the pumps. (no efficiency loss). Thats all I really have to ad to this thread. I am new to the forum so before you ask, no I do not work for Kubota. lol. Just a guy that has recently started shopping for a skid steer and mini excavator. Cheers.

  5. #5gearhead822017-03-03 10:29

    I have always had an issue with the rear mounted fuel tanks. If you do the math, it is about 190lbs of fuel in it which when it is full, acts as a good counter weight (that adds about 300lbs of tip load because of how far away from the front axle it is). However, at the end of the day, my machine now has 300lbs less tip load because of an empty tank. I like the fuel tank up front for this reason. The SSV is a very nice machine though.

  6. #6canadachris2017-03-03 11:22

    Top up the tank at lunch?

  7. #7mountainlake2017-03-05 07:39

    I'd rather have weight in the back at least part of the time. Steve

  8. #8Mark132017-03-05 10:49

    I'm with you there if the machines capacity is figured without including the weight of a full tank of fuel. If the full tank of fuel is a bonus for counter weight then I don't see the problem. If you know you'll need 110% of the machines lift capacity for something I bet 99% of the time you would have the option to go top off the fuel tank before hand to give the machine a little extra counter weight.

  9. #9JFon1012312020-04-01 16:12

    I know a late entry here but just FYI in case anyone else comes across it, the ROC is with an empty tank so it is a bonus from the rated capacity