I run my own landscaping and tree service, over the years I've owned 10 to 12 ASV machines. Last summer I was in the market for a new machine and decided to try something else for a change. I tried out the Bobcat 590 and the Cat 257 and the Kubota. Anyways I went with the Kubota. I have to say I really regret that decision. I have owned the machine for about 9 months. Out of that 9 months the machine has been sitting waiting for a part, my dealer said it would take 5 to 10 days to get. That was 6 months ago. I really enjoy making payments on a machine I can't use. At this point all I want to do is get my machine back so I can trade it off. It only has 100 hours on it, so I know I will really take a beating on trading so soon but on the other hand I cannot afford to have a machine that has no dealer or factory support. I'm going with Cat this time, I know they support their products. Kubota does not.
Obviously, dealer support is an important part of the deal, but I can't imagine them not providing a rental while you wait. What part have you been waiting for?
I've got 3 different supportive Kubota dealers in my region. My SVL75 has over a 1000 hours now. Only failure...power coupler hoses rubbed through the engine oil filter...
Well that's how it should be. I think finding the best supportive dealer in your area is more important than what brand you buy. If there is no dealer support it will make any brand look bad. I really don't want to be driving over 100 miles one way to find a better dealer.
i have found that if you have been getting along with something well for so many years, DONT SWITCH! ...for the most part. there are a hundred variables you may not be aware of that may surprise you...
What went wrong with the kubota? What's parts are you waiting for?
I am sorry that you are having difficulty with your unit and parts availability. We have sold dozens of the Kubota and have had very few warranty issues and parts are absolutely no problem. At our dealership we have no rest or peace till our customer is served, we would be bugging the main office at Kubota till we had your part. Before a customer would suffer your type inconvenience we would surely supply you a machine to work with or remove the part needed from a store unit to keep you going. I am laying this squarely upon the selling dealer. I do not blame you for switching brands but understand your reasoning. I hope somehow it turns out to your benefit. Mel
Thanks for your input Mel, I agree that the dealer is probably the main problem and has me frustrated, My opinion on the SVL 75 is very good, I think the machine is very well built, and considering these models are pretty new on the market for Kubota, They did an outstanding job on the machine. That's why I bought one, I think thy are one of the best built machines on the market and I would not discourage anyone from buying one, I know they would be happy with the machine as long as they have a decent dealer. With that said does anyone have a dealer they would recommend in Minnesota? Thanks
I'd still like to know this info too.