New to forum. My 2014 svl 75 2200 hours finals serviced by Kubota at 500 hours, used for feeding cattle mostly, 10% dirt work. Should I have to pay 14k to have finals replaced? Can't find after market parts. Any advice appreciated.
Check the hydraulic motor. Some have a plate there with the make serial # etc which you can get the info required. What has gone wrong with it?
In one of them, there are small, splined shafts that have excessive wear. On the other, the double shouldered seal has ripped and without us knowing the gear oil has leaked out. The inside of the drive was dry when we realized the problem. The bearing surfaces have enough wear to need replacement. Rebuilding each is pretty close to the cost of new drives.
So, the finals have 500 hours since serviced? Or were they serviced @ 500 hours, and now have 1700hours since service? I sevice the finals on all of my CTLs @300 or 600hours, depending on my mood. If on the 600hr interval, they are still level checked at 300 hrs. Being high drives, I'm less concerned about freezing conditions damaging the duo cone seals. But, even at 300 hours, the drained oil is definitely sparkly.
I put an average of 500 hours per year on this machine. Kubota recommends changing at 250 I think. Our fluids are changed annually, kinda when I can find enough down time to take it to the Kubota dealership
We checked the oil in the drive after we heard a whining sound, and the fluid level was ok. Come to find out the shaft splines are worn bad enough that it couldn't pull itself up the trailer ramp.
A quick look see gives me a V0511-61510 part number...$5300 through my Kubota dealer. So, $11,600 + $2400 labor? Maybe that's the p/n for just the hydraulic motor?
Yes, I think their quote was13,800 for both. Most of the drives for other make machines are in the $2000-$2500 range
$500 duo cone $1000 for sun gear $1100 coupling gear Sure adds up fast
Maybe give these guys a shout? http://info.texasfinaldrive.com/shop-talk-blog/kubota-final-drives-and-stripped-drive-shafts
Actually I think the two shafts combined were 4000 plus labor to rebuild. ...too much. I'm thinking let this machine set until someone decides to build an aftermarket part?
That part # looks very much like a Nabtesco/Hydash drive. I've seen plenty of outfits selling parts for then in the States. You should be able to rebuild it your self for about half Kubota's price. I'll run the serial # past a bloke here in Oz and see what he comes up with
Ok thanks a million tones. I'll work on contacting nabtesco or find a distributor for their products.
OK on the side that has the damaged spline, check the internal spline. If it's buggered then more than likely a new rotating group in the hydraulic motor will be required. If the gear sets are ok then thoroughly clean the hub, remove the gear sets to do so. In the hub there is a large bearing that fits against the hub with a duocone seal behind that. That should be OK if it wasn't leaking. On the other side where the oil has leaked out you are going to have to tear down the hub and replace the seal. you should be able to buy bearings from a good supplier, taking the hub apart can be quite a job and hygiene is very important. Post lots of pic's if you go down the DIY rebuild road, they say more than a thousand words. PS my mate is checking out the serial #
I pulled the machine home from the Kubota dealership today. I was more interested in getting it loaded than getting a blow-up of the parts with p/n's. They said the internal splined shaft will need replacement also and if it looks anything like the one they had removed, I would agree. I'm not real good at trying to cross reference parts that may be used for other machines. The other side has a slight wobble in the sprocket so the bearings (at a minimum ) and seal need replacement. They commented that numerous gears could be worn but they didn't open that drive unit. I've been a little occupied harvesting hay and breeding cows the last couple of weeks to concentrate on the Kubota. Thanks for keeping me in motion.