I purchased a brand new 2017 bobcat s770 that got burnt when the trailer hauling it to the dealer caught on fire. The cab is toast along with all the plastics, wire, ect from the engine forward. The engine is untouched and main pump still has paint on it. I pulled the cab and it appears the plastic and meltables fell down on the valve bank, drive motors ect and protected them. I'm on the fence about parting it out or finding a used cab assembly with all the electronics intact. Anyone ever rebuild one? I seem to have trouble finding a cab so any help would be appreciated!
I'd sooner part it out, than invest all the $ into repairing it. Unless you got it for next to nothing, that is...
I got it cheap enough but it's hard to find used parts and new oem parts add up fast. I enjoy rebuilding junk but I'm leaning towards parting it out as the cost would be too much if I had to buy all new parts. Where is a good place to sell the parts of I go that route?
Where, indeed. Craigs list is free, but you get what you pay for, LOL... Bulletin boards at farm stores have worked pretty good for me.