Hey just seeing how you like the machine, any tips/tricks about it you've learned and want to share? I have a svl 90 and love it, wish I could seal up the cab a little better though. Anyone have air ride seat? How you like it? Mine is enclosed cab, and hydraulic quick attach(that is great). The self leveling loader works better than I expected. Lets hear all you got to say about your machine, thanks!
I bought the 90 in early summer and have been nothing but happy with it. I got a pretty basic one, no hydraulic quick tach, no air seat, but it does have the enclosed cab and I have been very pleased with the way it closes up, this may be because I was coming from a Cat 287B, and that cab was far from good at keeping out dust.
Just got and SVL-75 For deer camp with a bush hog and cab air . Let me say I love it!!! strong well built. did a lot of reasearch before buying. Since I use it in the woods and the swamp a lot the slide up front door is a must. The SVL-75 is also not as tall as the T-135-t230 and you could get 15" wide tracks a big plus. The only thing I am going to add is some tunes.
Im curious if the air ride seat is worth getting installed? I'm the only one that uses the machine and want it to be a little smoother. Not sure how much $ it is or if its worth it. I took the back window glass and 2 side pieces that slide open and got it tinted 20-30%. That helped a lot and ac doesn't work so hard. Also was able to cross all the filters to Donaldson part#, 50 more hours and have to change the oil. Everything I throw at this machine I have been able to sucessfully work it. I've run a wheel skid steer cat, and bobcat. The design of this machine is great, good access, did a lot of research as well before buying. I also like how heavy it is. Do a lot of fence work with it and load up a bundle of 2 7/8" pipe on the trailer and can still drive the machine on the trailer and straddle the pipe, I like the height of the underside and yet how low the hood door to the engine is.
I tried a SVL-75 and liked it. How is the maintenance on them? I liked the visibility, clearance, power, and it seemed very well built.
Super easy, I've done maintenance on a cat, not the best depending what you gotta do. I like the diesel fill cap, and hydraulic cap locations. Especially the radiator how it unbolts and leans out, real easy to clean out.
what air those filter numbers that you crossed over?
We have a BC S185 and everything is at the rear access super simple. It was dark and I tried looking for the oil filter and how to change but couldn't find.
SVL 90 part #s Donaldson oil filter - P550318 (17 micron @ 99%)Kubota part is 28 micron, wix part is 25 micron Donaldson fuel filter - P550225 (10 micron) or Baldwin - BF954 (10 micron) Hydraulic transmission filter (main filter) Baldwin - BT9358 Don't have aftermarket part #s for hydraulic breather filter or hydraulic return filter DONT
Just thought I would add this as well. As far as creature comforts I found the seat could stand to go back a bit further and when I got to looking the slides have three different holes and mine was set to the holes closest to the front, I removed the skirt from around the seat and moved it to the rear most holes and gained about 3 inches or so, it makes quit a difference, the seat goes all the way to the back of the cab now. I also installed a Jensen Heavy Duty radio and speakers, it's a shame Kubota doesn't supply a radio kit for this machine, I had to get creative with some brackets for mounting everything but it looks clean and works well where I mounted everything. Ill try and post some pics of the mounting when I get a chance.
I got a 75 this spring no real complaints about the machine has operated flawlessly .I did install a jensen radio and backup camera would be nice if they came with it from factory
lets see these radio setups!
How do you like the backup camera? I've heard mixed reviews about how well they work. I just added side mirrors and they are a big help but don't show what's directly behind or give an overall view.
I like it when it's not to tight where your working or people around that don't know what your doing .It does take some time to get use to using and trusting it.It would be nice to have a camera on each side also see the back edges of the tracks.Spend the money on a better system pictures is much clearer and get the hardwired ones the wireless ones I looked at all had time delay and in tight areas wouldn't work very well
Didn't know there was a backup cam for them. One easy mod I did....the rear loader cylinders for the boom...a bunch of crap falls down and builds up in that open cavity. The under side of the machine under the cylinder pins in the rear are metal plates bolted up. If you take the plates off, nothing will get built up in that and nog have to clean those spots out.
I've had a SVL-75 for two years, but it stays out at the farm, so it's only got about 200 hours on it. No cab or AC, but I do have an air ride seat, and it's pretty nice. I've also got a T300 that's got a cab and AC and the hydraulic quick attach, which is a pretty useful feature. If only they could figure out how to get the hydraulic hoses to attach too! The only thing I wish they offered on the 75 was 18" tracks. The T300 has them and the extra flotation is nice.
Just thought I'd post some pics of where I mounted the radio and speakers in my 90. For the speakers I used a piece of angle iron across the back and used the bolts that hold the stops for the roll up window. I welded two smaller pieces of angle iron in the opposite direction to the piece bolted across to bolt the speakers to, this got the speakers up out of the way and don't interfere with the window operation. For the radio I just bent up a Piece of flat stock and used the bolts that bolt the cab windows in and wired everything into an auxiliary fuse in the fuse box which is right there.
Glad to see my pics are upside down.....ill try to fix that...
Either that or the guy's that are building that house had the plans upside down. What is that radio? (called) is it all self contained and meant for a tractor enviroment?
The radio is a Jensen heavy-duty radio, yes it is all self-contained, you just need to wire it to power, hook up the antenna and the speakers. it's a good unit , it holds up well to abuse. I had one in my last skid steer for 8 or so years without a glitch.
Can you plug an aux into the radio, music from phone or iPod?
Yes you can, it comes with an aux port.
Where did you guys grab power for the radio and camera? I've got my cameras mounted ready to wire! I'd like to run power now while I'm doing cameras as well. Got a real nice lighted switch for the cameras from Amazon.
I'm pretty sure I grabbed power out of the fuse box in the cab. There are a couple of spare slots in there and it was easy to hook into. There is also some wiring behind the seat that is dead ended and I used this to pull power for my satellite radio, it is always hot though so don't hook anything to it that needs to be powered down when not running the machine...
Fuse box is what I was thinking for the camera. I noticed the spares. Does the Jensen radio have an off button or do you have it on a switch? Would be nice leave the radio on with the key off when working out of the cab. I haven't ordered a radio yet but I wanna get my wires in as I pulled all the panels to get the windows out to tint them 50%.
Hi Every one I have a 1987 jcb x3 it needs around 80% of gas for me to work with the rear arm eg: dig... And it still takes its time as its slow hyd and the pront is not ass bed ass the rear but wheAn it reaches operating eng temperature it gets even more slow and it's very hard to work with it . If eny one can help me with eny info thanks , I got the hyd pump tested and its good I found it dose not have an hyd oil filter that's located in the engine bay at the beck of the block I the corner
The svl is already pre wired for a Jensen radio, if you buy the kit from Kubota it comes with a plug and play wiring harness that plugs into a plug under the cup holder.
I have had a svl75 for the past 6months and I must say it's been brilliant it out preformed any other brand that I have had from cat bobcat mustang and new holland as for after sales support I wouldn't know this machine has been faultless so far just make sure u get one with a suspension seat it makes it just so much more comfortable
Suspension seats are very nice and worth the money if you spend more than a couple hours in the machine.