I just purchased a SVL95 and it will be delivered tomorrow. I remember reading somewhere about debris getting in around the boom arms or something and causing problems. One guy even came up with a solution if I remember correctly. My problem is I can't remember where I read about it. I've tried searching on google and here but can't find the info I'm talking about. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about lol
I recall that same post CCW....you are not imagining things ! They removed the plate on the arms so the debris could not build up or some such thing. I'm pretty close. I'm going to look about on here and help you to locate the exact post. Congrats on the New machine. You made a great pick for sure. Those Kubota units are very nice machines and i feel you will be very pleased with it...Heed the heat warning labels that are plastered all over it ! clean it out well daily. I can't tell you how many machines I have seen burn to the ground do to lack of daily maintancd when used as a mulcher. What forestry head did you get ? Or will be running on it ?
Found the below that I thought you may have an interest in., the guy is talking about his Bota 90......still searching, I know I saw it somewhere... Quote...I did add a 1" sound deadening foam in the interior which did help some. and another problem they have is the debris that gets sucked into the engine compartment, if you brush cut or work in the woods you will have to drop the skid plate and clean it out very often. Are these huge Problems? I guess that's up to how you will be using your machine. I would probably keep my SVL but I can't afford to have my equipment sit for six months. I feel a lot of this is Dealer related so make sure you have a good dealer on what ever brand you buy. I hope I have a new Cat in my yard soon! Good bye Kubota!
Will just be using a brush cutter so hopefully the build up wouldn't be as bad as with a mulching head and having stuff rain down on the machine. But I'm sure stuff will still find its way in there. Thank you for looking. I do remember reading this one and hopefully I don't have the same nightmare experience this guy had.
Yeah we're gonna need pics! Congrats...there's nothing like that new machine smell. Maybe HRP will chime in on the loader plate deal. I know he's had some experience with it.
Hey JNB, How are you man ? Heading to Dallas in a week of so, you close by ? HRP was the right guy, I'm pretty sure you are correct. Great memory my friend...I think he removed some plate instead of cleaning it out be because it was a PIA to remove and clean it...any cutter will load debris into these machines, I don't care what the name or color is, daily or routine cleaning solves any of those issues...how is your new machine working ? Still have a huge smile on your face each time you turn the key on ? Sure is nice having a fresh unit....
Doing great buddy. I'm quite a ways from Dallas, but I'll pm you my number. Maybe we can get together and kill a couple of iced teas lol. I actually have almost zero memory left at all, but I had a text from HRP close at hand and he happened to mention it. I'm liking the new machine a lot, but I wish the rain cycle would quit so I can get more work done. Too much mud to make things pretty.
Maybe HRP will jump in here and give me some advice. Thanks again guys. Waiting on the delivery guy as we speak.
Yes, under the bottom of each loader arm cylinder there is a plate held with 1 bolt, remove those plates and the debris will just fall out of the loader arm towers. Been running mine for about 1k hours with them removed, no issues. And I hardly have to clean the towers out. Nothing small builds up, maybe just occasionally pull out larger debris. I figured that out because debris built up so thick in mind when I first got it, the slight movement of the boom up and down loosened the hydraulic hose fitting, happened 2 times before I realized I could remove the plates and keep them off.
Perfect! That was the information I was looking for. Thanks so much, I'm going to do the same to mine.
Awesome, glad I could help! Enjoy the machine!