Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota SVL questions for owners

koselig ยท 2020-01-09 16:14

If you own an SVL90/SVL95, can you tell me if it fits in a standard 7' overhead door opening? I know the spec says it is just a hair under 84" (83.4") but I am wondering how that works in practice. We are building a new tuck-under garage with limited space so I am going to try to spec enough track so the door could open without weatherstripping preventing a full 84" opening, but I don't know how practical that is. I have seen the new Kubota SSV wheeled machines have the radiator on top of the engine, as opposed to behind the engine like the SVL's. Even with the tip-out, it seems extremely inconvenient to have the radiator in the way of critical items such as the battery, but does it work out OK in practice? I haven't seen anyone mention this as a major con, and this surprises me. Thanks! Patrick

Replies4
  1. #1Legdoc2020-01-09 20:33

    My SVL90 with 800 hours on OEM tracks measures 83 1/2" at the back of cab which is the tallest point.

  2. #2koselig2020-01-09 21:42

    Thanks for checking! Do you haul your rig yourself, by chance?

  3. #3Legdoc2020-01-19 23:24

    Yes, I have a 32' tandem dual GN and a 20' BP with 7 k axles pulled with a 2006 Ram 3500 Dually 5.9 6 speed. Both trailers are 102" wide. SVL 90 just fits due to the tires on the 20'.

  4. #4Legdoc2020-01-19 23:25

    My SVL 90 will not fit under my 7' doors.