Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota SVL75-2 intermittent lockout

Bearhead · 2021-05-08 13:14

I have a new to me '17 SVL75-2 with 750hrs and a brand new engine(previous owners fault), when driving in tight areas or backing up etc it will intermittedly lock out, and I have to change the rpm's most times to be able to unlock it again. A second issue I have is that when using a root grapple, the bucket down/up tilt function will stop, and I have to switch aux hydraulics off to re-enable tilt. Sometimes it does this sometimes not. Before I switch aux function off, I can hear the hydraulics are loaded a bit without touching the controls, and when I switch the aux off, you can hear the hydraulics ease up. Any help is appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1BCG2021-05-12 07:50

    I'm not sure about the tilt issue but for the lockout, I'd check the operator presence switch under the seat. They are notoriously iffy in all equipment and usually one of the first things I disable when I buy something. About 1/2 the time on used equipment, it's already been disabled by a previous owner.

  2. #2southernman132021-05-26 20:57

    Yeah what he said. Just took our svl95 in and that’s an update they have. It gives it a longer time before it locks out. He said factory settings is 1.5 sec delay. If your running on bumming ground could lock out. We never had that’s issue but the adjustment is available. Don’t know about the hydraulic issue. Are u sure your not hitting the continuous flow switch and not using the intermittent switch to operate the grapple. Sounds like your loading up and dead heading the hydraulics

  3. #3Bearhead2021-06-03 07:39

    Ok, will check that. I suspect the sensor as you guys mention, and will get into it. it mainly happens on steep ground going backwards. On the hydraulic lockup, you are correct, i was using the continuous flow function, thinking it was a auto open/close feature, but not:0 Thanks for the help