Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota SVL75 – Track tension issue.

Ichversuchte ยท 2021-01-30 16:06

Hello, First time owner of a Kubota SVL75 (2012) with 1100 hours. Everything is working great on it but the track tension. I am unable to tight the tracks and if I removed the grease fitting i get some grease out but the front pulley will not retract. So far i tried putting a 4x4 on the front of the track and used the bucket to try to push it back in, no luck. What is the best way to get that free'd up? Thank you, -B

Replies2
  1. #1ilovetracks2021-02-03 23:41

    On 8 year old machine you surely wouldn't think it would be frozen. If you want to retract, remove zerk lift boom and drive against stump will probably have more force than dumping bucket I'd think. Is the zerk a good zerk? I had to replace an u/c zerk before. Did have a machine one time that held on a few seconds with quite a force to it before it freed and grease went flying out and idler slacked.

  2. #2Midnightmoon2021-02-04 10:01

    You have to remove the entire fitting not just the little zerk at the end. 19mm socket maybe bigger cant remember. I use metal bars the same height as track teeth 4 bars. One in every other tooth get machine off the ground and run track till bars are around idle you can then slide track off. There are some YouTube videos on it. Pull the idler out and clean everything. It's hard to clean those without removing idler. Alot of dirt and rocks get in there