I have a Cat 941b Trackloader. The bucket is in great shape and I have no problems with it. But I'm interested in seeing if I can find a blade to replace the bucket for pushing out a pond. Does anyone know if such an item exists? Additionally, anyone know of a ripper attachment that would fit the back of the 941b? Thanks for your help.
RL HnTX, if it were mine I would just work with the bucket on it, the reason being if you look at the geometry of how it attaches to the machine frame, it doesn't lend itself well for controlling a blade. The reason a loader with a bucket can work better, when you are doing some heavy cutting, the flat part of the bucket bottom slides along the ground & doesn't allow it to "dive" or dig in when positioned correctly, whereas a blade will not offer that type of control. I have seen a few loaders with blades on them over the years, but it is rare. Rippers were available for the 941's, but you likely wont have the valving to control a ripper. For an older machine its likely not worth going to the expense of outfitting it differently. I have a 941 & have ran that model for near 50 years on & off.