Hello I have a 2012 svl90. The left side pilot valve. The one that controls machine movement. Leaks through the right turn button seal. Has anyone repaired these? See picture. Oil leaks between the silver plunger and brass plug. I believe the seal is is part 110. Part number 68499-85890. I don't see a way to disassemble. Are these pressed in? Thanks!
You have to unscrew joy stick handle, and remove that round contact plate. There should be universal joint in there, that can be really tight. Be careful, when removing, there are springs, (very specific springs), under those button valves. You don't want them flying out everywhere. You should be able to remove the brass sleeve with some wiggling, one at a time, and replace the internal seals. Some people remove the whole pilot valve, to work on a bench. It can get messy, because oil can continue pushing through valve while its partially disassembled and drain your tank. To prevent that, you can apply a low vacuum to hydraulic tank with vacuum pump. That may require some engineering, depending on your situation.
Thanks arny. I appreciate it. Got the brass sleeve pulled out. The one that I thought was the major problem was just an oring. Easy swap. Then the other one started leaking around the push rod. So inner seal. Kubota wants 35 bucks! Insane. Took some measurements. 13.7mmx2mmx2mm (assuming they're metric) hoping to find some at a hydraulic shop. Because 35 bucks is insane.
Glad you had success. If it were me, I would do all of them, the others cant be far behind. As far as cost, nothing surprises me these days, especially dealers,(stealers). You can definitely save some money going elsewhere, as long as your not in a rush.
So I couldn't easily source a seal. And didn't want to give Kubota 35 bucks. So I tried a slightly oversized o ring. Works like a champ. Maybe a penny on the oring. Much better deal!
If they last you will be smiling. If they don't last please post back so others can know that there is no choice but OEM. Glad you got it going. Could help may others in same situation. Simon C
yep, exactly why i posted, in case others had the same issue. A factor of 1000 cheaper. even if i have to replace them sooner than i would a regular seal, its a straight forward disassembly.
Good to know! My SVL-90 probably will not be far behind...
Have you done any undercarriage work yet?