The updates are sealed cab (its tight nearly pops ear drum when closing), coupler redesigned, swing out rad (much needed), loaders arms beefed up near the top, changed a bit of the belly side walls (should improve mucking tracks tho it was never that bad) hydraulics are way faster in all movements, the touch screen is pretty slick AUX flow adjustment and attachment designation is real nice, the HVAC system is way better low fan setting actually cools you down! overall pretty impressed, this is my 3rd svl and I was hesitant as I priced all canadian prices here CAT 275 ($175k CAD) Deere 333P ($169) Bobcat T770 ($140) SVL listed around ($135) but we got some good discounts and traded our 95 with 3400hrs.... catch was new tracks included on trade? Our last set were Trellaburg C lug which seem to last the longest out of all the tracks I've ran over the yrs, however they developed weird cracks and after a few months of emails and pictures they warranted a new set which was a bonus! I lm not a fan of the "twisted H Lug" Bridgestones that come factory on the 97s so I put them on the 95 for trade! The new machine has a few concrete removal jobs coming up so I put the old ones on it for the time being till this is jobs are done then will put the new warranty Trellaburgs on it...
Cool deal. I’d like to trade for a new one. We have 97-2 1100 hrs and it’s still a great machine. I’m just concerned because the warranty will be ending soon and done like DEF on non warrantied equipment. So far it’s been bullet proof
Thought it was 5yrs emissions?
Got the cab up and been wondering where the condenser drip tube is? Found it, kinda dumb it dips into the belly pan? Being OCD I'm rerouting out the sides like -2s
So any opinions on how u like it so far
After owning 3, I must say -3 is much improved! IMO still best bang for buck..... noticed a huge increase in track and general hydraulic functions, cab is a blessing from the old one! HVac is amazing now... and I love the versatility of all the electronics.... I do feel the new gen cats are the benchmark but this will do
Cool deal. Ain’t been in a new Cat. But I can say I have a used 216B3 open cab that’s pretty amazing. U can definetly feel the quality of the machine. Just hard to beat value of a bota!