Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota SVLs mud collection

Torms · 2021-01-21 17:09

Looking at purchasing a new SVL65-2 or possibly 75-2. If you own one would you tell me if you get a lot of mud under the cab or built up in the bottom of the engine compartment? From the research I have done it appears one manufacture stays really clean and another one collects a lot of mud under the cab and in the bottom of the engine compartment. I only found one reference so far to mud build in the bottom of the engine compartment for the SVLs. Just curious what you all are experiencing as I do not want to have to lift the cab up and pressure wash under there to do any maintenance. Same for changing oil, etc. on the engine.

Replies9
  1. #1zeroo2021-01-21 18:46

    I’m a new svl75 owner. I only have 13 hr on mine so far. My farm has heavy crappy dirt. The tracks imo dont get as bad as some from what I’ve seen. I clean mine after heavy use (have a new kx040 i do the same). So far my under carriage stays clean, but I haven’t been in deep slop. There are like 3 removable skid plate underneath there and if you burry it I assume it would kinda squish and collect over time. I have the wide tracks and in my crappy soil it doesn’t rut it up and sink, plus it has good ground clearance. The svl65 has less though.

  2. #2Torms2021-01-21 20:33

    Okay thank you for your reply. Our dirt has a fair bit of clay and some areas of the property are fairly wet. That makes sense if you don't bury it than maybe it will stay fairly clean in those areas of the loader. Glad to hear it doesn't rut it up and doesn't sink. We have old skid trails with deep ruts we want to put culverts in, grading, and ditching to make some nice ATV trails. I may go for the 75 to get a couple more inches of clearance, a few more hp, and a seat upgrade. Not too crazy about another 1000 lbs of weight but than again we won't be trailing it much anyway.

  3. #3heymccall2021-01-21 20:37

    We do all kinds of stupid stuff with our SVL75 and SVL75-2. No, the innards stay fairly mud free, but it took 1/2 hour to clear mud from around the fuel tank to allow removal, but everything else had just a coating of dust and powder after 3k hours. My TL150 machines collect and accumulate significantly more.

  4. #4Torms2021-01-21 20:46

    Great! Thank you very much for your feedback. It sure is nice to hear from owners.

  5. #5Hysert2021-02-06 15:44

    I run a 95-2, it builds up on ours due to the cover plate under the tracks around the final drive, not sure if 75s are the same? My advise is once you get it pull the track off the drive clean and cock around the cover plate with a good sealant... I used windshield urethane...

  6. #6BCG2021-04-02 07:28

    I have a 95-2S as well and get heavy mud build up in the tracks on the cover plate also. I try not to use mine in mud if I can avoid it, it really doesn't do great in it. Much better on dry or damp ground.

  7. #7searcyfarms2021-04-17 13:38

    the only unit that will work good in deep mud is a tire machine with metal bar tracks, i use that in winter feeding in deep muddy ruts and big bales - nothing else will work - try using your tracked machine around a sloppy bale ring - outside of that a track machine will run circles around my wheel machine

  8. #8Tenwheeler2021-04-17 23:23

    Can you post a picture of that set up please?

  9. #9searcyfarms2021-04-18 10:37

    here are the ones i have - https://www.mclarenindustries.com/us/en/ there are lots of videos on youtube or their website I have pulled my cousin out more than once with his ASV RC85 - a neighbors T650 - the only time I have ever been stuck with these on is when I got pinned up against a tree silt/sand in a creek and sank it - pulled myself out both times with a chain, nylon rope to trees/bucket tilting in the winter they work great with our wet snow as you can get traction on the wet snow and being soft under it. They are like ice skating on asphalt/concrete with wet snow and sometimes you can get a frozen ball of snow inside and it makes it rough going over teh tire when it gets between the track I usually run tires only on snow/ice - If its muddy and doing DEMO work I run them over my no flats they will crawl around on anything and get amazing leverage.