Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Svl owners. Hydro noise that change with rpm’s.

zeroo · 2021-01-21 18:55

Just getting to know my svl75. As I twist the rpm knob I get a hydro vibration sound at a certain rpm. Right off idle it peaks and then goes away. You can twist the knob back and forth and the peak seems to stay in the same spot. Best way to describe it is a lifter ticking at high rpm’s. Comes on and then goes away with rpms.

Replies5
  1. #1zeroo2021-01-21 18:58

    I should add, this is my first skid steer. They are a huge package of power and hydro in a small package. I’ve ran mostly bobcats before through the years, not a lot, but I know they are different from tractors and backhoes I’m used to.

  2. #2zeroo2021-01-22 18:54

    So talked to a knowledgeable tech and he said for the most part it is normal. Some are louder than others, but it’s basically the lines that feed the front bucket. Said sometimes changing the hst filter helps(supposed to change first 50hr). The sound changes where it happens as the machine is used, or heated up. Also told me that these machines don’t need to be ran less than half throttle because there’s one pump that supplies another...sounded good.the machine is incredible.

  3. #3zeroo2021-02-28 10:53

    Here is a vid of the sound. It seems to fade as it heats up, or move to a different rpm, but as of now when cold it seems to stay at this rpm. Its from the hydro area. Hard to pinpoint where as its all over with cab up

  4. #4Tags2021-02-28 20:33

    I don't hear anything other than what you should in my opinion. I have an SVL90 and it has a hydraulic hum to it and it always has. These newer skid steers/CTLs are moving a lot of hydraulic fluid, I don't think you have anything to worry about. It is brand new so you do have a factory warranty, but as you get to know the machine over time you probably won't even notice it.

  5. #5zeroo2021-03-01 16:01

    Yea, it goes away it seems as it heats up. My first skid steer, lots of new noises. I’m used to backhoes and tractors. These things are just huge hydro pumps. Sure do like it though.