Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota U-35 Aux Hydraulics

Thorholt ยท 2018-04-13 22:16

Hello Everyone, I bought this U-35 and I want to add a small brush cutter to it, my aux is already used up by the thumb, is there a decent way to add electric selector valve or even a manual selector valve so I can keep the thumb hooked up and usable along with the cutter? I would be nice to be able to pick up and move the cut brush without having to get off the machine every time to switch hoses, I put a picture of the current setup to show how its setup now, Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1ycs2018-04-14 07:34

    Tee the thumb line and add stop valve to each side...or simply use 3 way valve..

  2. #2Billrog2018-04-14 11:15

    Here's a pic. I think of the valve set ycs mentioned.

  3. #3Thorholt2018-04-14 21:27

    Where do you get a setup like that from?

  4. #4rondig2018-04-14 22:35

    Becareful....mower will need a return to tank the return flow is way to high to back through valve....it will get way to hot....not to mention the case of the mower motor will be very high...could push out motor seal. On the kubota that are rigged for that there is a 3 way ballvalve on the b side of the lines so it can return to tank without going through valve...also your thumb relief valve will be set to low to have an efficent mower....all doable...just not as easy as a diverter valve