Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic fluid

UpNorth Mini Excavating ยท 2018-04-13 08:26

I have a bobcat 325G and I am wondering what hydraulic fluid to put in it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Blondie702018-04-13 19:41

    I put ISO VG46 in mine from the auto supply place. I had read that this is the same as Bobcat fluid....I have a 331G.

  2. #2UpNorth Mini Excavating2018-04-14 07:02

    Thank you Blondie! I went to my local parts store to get this and they looked at me like I was speaking a different language. None of there 5 gallon pales had any markings on it. Is there a way you could show me a picture of the pale?

  3. #3Blondie702018-04-14 20:46

    I bought the fluid in gallon bottles. That number is the specification of the type of fluid. It's not a name brand....I got mine from O'Reilly's. I needed some to top off ...but would have filled it with this fluid if I needed to. Any parts place should be able to provide this....the guy went straight to it when I asked about this type of oil ! Good Luck !

  4. #4f311fr12018-04-21 22:09

    AW46 at NAPA

  5. #5Wes J2018-04-22 00:18

    You don't want to buy the Bobcat brand oil for $16/gallon? I used AW46 in mine. They used to spec 10W-30 also, but most manufacturers no longer spec engine oil for hydraulics due to the modern detergents.

  6. #6mikebramel2018-04-22 01:34

    $16 isn't bad for quality oil. That's worth the money

  7. #7Shimmy12018-04-22 15:22

    I agree. An extra $150-200 for the right oil is cheap I think. We're not talking 100 gallons here.