Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota U17 – how much can it lift?

juniormint ยท 2024-08-08 01:52

I'm new to excavator ownership. I've rented and used, but now I own a U17. It's a 2ton machine. I read the spec sheet and couldn't figure out how much it is suppose to be able to lift. Reason I am asking is that I am thinking to get an auger for it, and I am trying to figure out if it will be able to lift the auger motor + auger + extensions and dirt in the auger. Can someone explain or point me in the right direction for how to determine how much a given excavator should be able to lift? I realize the arm length etc matters here, but as a noob I am struggling to know how to get started on a path to knowing how to answer questions like this.

Replies4
  1. #1Mike_272024-08-08 02:56

    Load chart on page seven; https://www.kubotausa.com/docs/default-source/brochure-sheets/u17.pdf

  2. #2juniormint2024-08-08 13:42

    So it looks like something around 600 to 700lbs, in a configuration I might expect to be in for an auger hanging off the end up in the air. Does that sound right?

  3. #3Mike_272024-08-08 14:32

    From that brochure it looks like Kubota sells an auger sized for that machine. You should contact your Kubota dealer ...

  4. #4MG842024-08-08 18:53

    The EA20 series auger from Kubota is what you want, I believe you'll need the low flow version. Also I'd limit your auger size to 9-12" max, I doubt it would handle much more.