Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota U25s or U35-4, can’t decide

boiledcrabs ยท 2013-09-14 07:52

I'm buying another excavator and just can't decide. I have had a Kubota KX 161-3 super series for a few years and it's performed well. Dealer service and parts have been great and I am sticking with Kubota. I need a machine for tighter places so the little U25 looks great. I wonder though if the U25 will be too small. I've never used a machine this small and don't know how fast it will cut a trench. I also like that the U35 has the angle blade like my 161. Has anyone run both of these machines and formed an opinion on a comparison of production? I would only be using the machine for small diameter utility excavation three to four feet in depth but it will be cutting a lot of trench. And maybe two percent of the work would be in close quarters of ten feet or so.

Replies1
  1. #1toget0072013-09-14 20:06

    I personally would definitely go for the U35! The lifting capacity, bucket size and range on a U25 is very limited!