Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kubota U48-5 Excavator Auxiliary Hydraulic Coupler Hits Linkage

baxlan · 2025-02-22 14:42

Kubota U48-5 has a Kubota thumb that was dealer installed and plumbed directly to the diverter, no quick disconnects. Purchased a tilting bucket, hooked up the hydraulic's and found out that the linkage hits the auxiliary hydraulic couplers when they are attached to the machine. No problem when the bucket is curled but when it is uncurled it is a problem. I know I can install spacers to offset the piping/diverter valves from the stick and or 45's between the diverter and the couplers but wondering if there was a recall or a bulletin on this. I would assume someone has come across this on a KX57/U48/U55 previously. Searched the forum and couldn't find anything. Baffled how this left the factory like this. Thank You Steve

Replies6
  1. #1baxlan2025-02-22 16:17

    These pictures might be more beneficial. The unit with the 2 separate lines is a 2025 and the one line with the diverted is what I’m dealing with. Kubota apparently made the change because of the issue.

  2. #2MG842025-02-22 19:48

    Is that last pic of your machine or just one like it? I have a U48-5 but it has two auxiliary circuits like the other one pictured. I don't think it is an issue on the U55 and KX057 because they have a longer dipper stick. Could you swap the ports that the thumb vs the coupler is in to gain enough clearance? Might take a 45* adapter either way.

  3. #3baxlan2025-02-22 21:00

    The last picture is the setup I have. (Not my machine). Thought about swapping them, don’t think it is going to clear.

  4. #4reganj2025-02-22 21:01

    Not being stupid, What did the dealer say that you purchased it from?? I assume you bought this recently.

  5. #5baxlan2025-02-23 06:44

    I became aware of this yesterday(Saturday), sent them an email. I’m sure I will get a response on Monday. Figured I would also search and post on the forum as well.

  6. #6Tags2025-02-23 11:13

    Any chance you can relocate the shut off valve up to where the flexible line meets the hard piping on the stick? Looks like that may be the simplest solution.